JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Can or could anyone be superior in the absolute sense?

Brother A is spiritual, passionate, rich, tall, handsome and seems to be talented almost in everything. 

He's loved by most sisters and they dream about him.

Sister B is likewise spiritual, from a rich, spiritual background, tall and pretty and has a really nice personality, kind at heart, which endears her

to many brothers. They dream about marrying her.

We know the truth.

There's no such thing as absolute superiority.

At least in JW's organization, no one is better in the absolute sense.

But is it really so?

(This is something we Koreans and Japanese find hard to apply in their lives. We tend to think

someone is higher or lower, that is, at least in terms of rank. Young generations are changing fast, though.) 

Can it be so only in the sense that all are adorable in God's eyes and all are inferior to him? 

Because.. you know, everyone has the same value as a human being before God.

God wouldn't love someone because he/she looks better or has more talents.

In God's eyes, no one can be absolutely good looking or smart. 

He gave all of those traits to them.

But what if that's not how it is, at least in this world? 

Well, even angels seem to have ranks, right?

Demons fear Satan because he has bigger powers, right?

Some white people in the past thought they were better or 'superior' to other races and that motivated them to kill other people mercilessly. 

I think, overall, in general, white people seem to be taller, more academic and reasonable and even look better. 

But I don't think this alone doesn't make them superior. 

If they lack in morality, how can they be better people?

Or will everyone be equal someday? 

Is it natural that everyone is equally good-looking, talented or wise?

Or will some people always be a little bit better than most? 

Edited by NobleEndeavours

Like a popular song says

What you wear, it doesn't matter

The way you look, it doesn't matter

The way you move, it doesn't matter

If doesn't matter how you cut your hair

Its what's inside that counts

For this reason Jehovah examines the heart, the kidneys, the inner most thoughts

Mere man sees just the outside and judges from the outside 

Man was made from the dust of the ground. Is the dust you are made of any better than the dust I am made of?

1 Cor 12: 12-31 we are all like parts of the body. Different in many ways yet all needed. Our preferences and likes and dislikes will still be there.  

When it comes to beauty I think everyone's natural beauty will come out. When God made us it was good. God doesn't make junk. Imperfection changed all that. 

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

8 hours ago, NobleEndeavours said:

Brother A is spiritual, passionate, rich, tall, handsome and seems to be talented almost in everything. 

He's loved by most sisters and they dream about him.

Sister B is likewise spiritual, from a rich, spiritual background, tall and pretty and has a really nice personality, kind at heart, which endears her

to many brothers. They dream about marrying her.

Looks like Brother A should marry Sister B ..... LOL :whistling: :D (sorry couldn't resist.)

On a serious note, your topic "touches" on the subject of future mankind's perfection.

Thus questions arise

Will all perfect people have - nice voice (singing) talent for painting etc etc ... life without defects will equalize a lot, but the question remains ... what about talents?

Is lack of talent sign of defect? (imperfection)

Will that defect be rectified when we are perfect?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Satan felt superior.

Jesus was (is) the most superior creation, yet he washed the feet of his apostles.

Nebuchadnezzar considered himself superior.

Moses was the meekest.

Jehovah favours the humble and meek.

Whether we are 'superior' or not, it will be the attitude we have with our talents that will be of greater value. IMHO

Just Older

We are all equally far from perfection. Some of us have the privilege to have some position in God’s organisation. But it’s the position that is important, not who holds it. An elderly infirm sister in a rural congregation is just as important as a young and strong Bethelite brother. He might have to carry great responsibilities, but not because he is better than the elderly sister. A weak brother is as important as a strong one. Both need to survive Armageddon.

Anyone can gain wisdom. Talent is overrated. Hard work impressive. Outward good looks are fleeting. A nice inner person can last forever.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 5:42 PM, New World Explorer said:

Will all perfect people have - nice voice (singing) talent for painting etc etc ... life without defects will equalize a lot, but the question remains ... what about talents?

Is lack of talent sign of defect? (imperfection)

Will that defect be rectified when we are perfect?

My guess to this is that most talents are not natural and need to be developed. All of us have gifts and talents, whether we realize it or not. We might have a hidden talent that we don't even see as a talent because it's always been with us. I don't think all of us will be great mathematicians, artists, singers, musicians. I think there will still be degrees of mastery over these skills. I think the significant difference is that as perfect people we won't get hung up on these things and thinking that proficiency in one or the other makes one more valuable. Right now, we call celebrities people whose only real talent is looking good (because they can afford a trainer and team of make-up artists) and pretending to be other people. Why does THAT deserve special treatment? It doesn't but we're imperfect so we do it. I think that's the part that will be different.