JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1773 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

News today 

Russian police has released a journalist  charged with drugs  after an out cry from the public. 

Our brothers are still being held like criminals  for their faith and their has been out cry also ... But will not release them, while the real criminals are set free 

How twisted  are  the Russian rules.. Mmmm

The Russian journalist was released after it emerged that he had been set up by FSB.

They planted the drugs on him because he was digging into their shady business around the sale of burial plots at the Moscow cemetery. 

The police surprisingly dropped the charges, openly admitting that there was no incriminating evidence. 

But it is true that in general, the political and legal realities in the post Soviet countries are very different from what is in the West. 

Anyone can be jailed and even killed if he is deemed inconvenient to someone powerful. 

I saw  that a group held a rally in St. Petersburg recently comparing what is happening to Jehovah's Witnesses now in Russia to what happened to them in the 50's (when they were exiled) and also to what the Nazi's did to them!  Glad somebody over there is noticing what is going on finally.

On another note, I just finished writing Brother Christensen a letter!  I carefully had it translated to Russian and then copied it over in my own writing (I didn't want to send a typed letter).  Had to address the envelope in english though to send it - hope that doesn't keep it from getting to him. It only cost 1.15 for a letter under an ounce!  I hope to write him more in the future (at least as long as he is in prison).

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D