JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

We may be alone in this universe of planets after all..

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1778 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 6/14/2019 at 2:06 PM, Nirex said:

completely missing the point.

This is so common it's frustrating lol

Lots of people just cannot free themselves from the limited subset of premises they already think they understand. Hence, the mention of plant hybrids which is absurd because who gave plants the ability to hybridize in the first place!

All we can Scripturally prove is that intelligent life capable of free will can and does only exist on earth. Beyond that, there is no reason why plant and animal life of limitless variety can't be out there waiting to be explored once this earth is filled. Jehovah clearly loves giving his creation both boundaries and broad room to grow, advance, create, learn, and explore. Right now, imperfection is our greatest hurdle to doing that fully.

• 2 weeks later...

A little more comment of introduction and I might watch this video, but the title with no further infomation is a turnoff.:(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

About the video 'Fine Tuning the Universe'. The presentation is quite unconventional though.
Published on 24 Jun 2019

Is our universe just an accident? Or does it display exquisite evidence of fine-tuning and intelligent design? This episode of Science Uprising investigates claims by scientific atheists like Lawrence Krauss and Bill Nye that our universe is nothing special and that the fine-tuning scientists observe can be explained away by the existence of multiple universes.

Featured experts include Bijan Nemati, Principal Research Scientist, University of Alabama, Huntsville, and former long-time researcher at NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab; Frank Tipler, Professor of Mathematical Physics, Tulane University, and co-author of The Anthropic Cosmological Principle; and Stephen Meyer, PhD, Director, Center for Science and Culture, Discovery Institute and author, The Return of the God Hypothesis.

Well-known scientists have been preaching a materialistic worldview rather than presenting the public with all the evidence. We are here to change that. The objective scientific evidence does not prove our universe is blind and purposeless. It does not show we are simply meat machines. It does not prove that evolutionary mechanisms can completely account for the diversity of life on earth. This is what THEY want you to think. Think for yourself and make an informed decision. 

Edited by M'Awan

7 hours ago, Old said:

A little more comment of introduction and I might watch this video, but the title with no further infomation is a turnoff.:(

@Old  Sorry about that, Jerry.

Bill Nye, a 'science guy', made a speech to humanists in which he said that he was a 'speck' living on a speck among billions of specks in a universe of specks.. and that basically "I suck!" (Apparently an American expression indicating worthlessness.)

The video counters his statement by showing that we are of great value and part of a purposefully designed universe made especially for us.

I hope this helps and you will watch the video as I think it includes some interesting points.

Chris