JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Can't comment or quote a comment at all with iPhone

Hi all,

Just quick questions. I was wondering if it is my phone or do you too experience the same issue? 

I can't comment, quote, or send MP to anyone at all with my iPhone. I'm using now android phone to post. Does the forum has technical problems? Can you use iPhone and make comments on the forum? 

Thank you in advance. 

Edited by Guri

Br. John, @jwhess is it possible to find out what is the source of problem? Why I use safari browser from iPhone I can't see notifications, can't quote the comments and I can't even open the MP to report the issue to the moderators. Who knows how many our brothers struggle with the same issue. 

2 hours ago, Guri said:

Br. John, @jwhess is it possible to find out what is the source of problem? Why I use safari browser from iPhone I can't see notifications, can't quote the comments and I can't even open the MP to report the issue to the moderators. Who knows how many our brothers struggle with the same issue. 

Br. Guri, I am not a confirmed Apple tech.  I mainly use Android and Windows (when I have a choice).  I have come to realize that my Ipad is faster than the other options...so for meetings and service I use it.  I have not had anyone else discuss this particular type of problem.  We have several members that are devoted Apple people so maybe they can offer more insight than I can.  Does the problem stay the same if you use a different browser (like Chrome, etc)?

2 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Br. Guri, I am not a confirmed Apple tech.  I mainly use Android and Windows (when I have a choice).  I have come to realize that my Ipad is faster than the other options...so for meetings and service I use it.  I have not had anyone else discuss this particular type of problem.  We have several members that are devoted Apple people so maybe they can offer more insight than I can.  Does the problem stay the same if you use a different browser (like Chrome, etc)?

Br. John, 

This evening I downloaded the Chrome browser for iPhone and it works now. It seems that the Safari browser doesn’t work anymore for this forum although I don’t understand why, it was fine before. 

Edited by Guri

Before Folio, we used to use a program called "Q_Search". the NWT was text files in a directory, and the program would cross reference every word in every document with every other word in every document. I have it on 5.25 floppies, hoping i can retrieve it. If someone has it, Please let me know!! I'd also love a copy of the Folio disks, if possible.

Thank you,

James 

4 minutes ago, BlackLionJames said:

Before Folio, we used to use a program called "Q_Search". the NWT was text files in a directory, and the program would cross reference every word in every document with every other word in every document. I have it on 5.25 floppies, hoping i can retrieve it. If someone has it, Please let me know!! I'd also love a copy of the Folio disks, if possible.

Thank you,

James 

You might find a Windows "DOS emulator" (like DOS Box) to run it but probably you would have to assemble a DOS computer system (DOS 5 or 6.2 would be good choices).  It was not a Windows app.