JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Simple fish.

Place whole (gutted) Gilthead Bream (aka Daurade etc) on kitchen foil and put a chunk of butter in the cavity. Slice a lemon and place slices in the cavity and on top of the fish. Season with salt and pepper and wrap the foil into a parcel. Repeat with each fish - 1 per guest.

Place on barbecue/grill or in hot oven for about 10 minutes - check it is flaky and leave a little longer if desired, and serve with sauteed potatoes, or crushed new potatoes and peas and a tarragon sauce (basic white sauce with added tarragon).

chef-27.gif

Delicious! eating-53.gif

You could put dill in the butter if you wish - extra tasty!

This works well with sea bass or mackerel, too.

• 1 month later...

Place whole (gutted) Gilthead Bream (aka Daurade etc) on kitchen foil and put a chunk of butter in the cavity. Slice a lemon and place slices in the cavity and on top of the fish. Season with salt and pepper and wrap the foil into a parcel. Repeat with each fish - 1 per guest.

Place on barbecue/grill or in hot oven for about 10 minutes - check it is flaky and leave a little longer if desired, and serve with sauteed potatoes, or crushed new potatoes and peas and a tarragon sauce (basic white sauce with added tarragon).

chef-27.gif

Delicious! eating-53.gif

You could put dill in the butter if you wish - extra tasty!

This works well with sea bass or mackerel, too.[/quote

yum i love fish, my recipe is take some filleted fish pieces

some lemon pepper how you like to taste

season salt and put it in to some flour mix altogether

then coat your fish

heat some veggie or peanut oil cook til nicely brown

serve with a salad and garnish with a lemon wedge.

if you like squid or calamari you came do the same

but put squid in some milk for half hr this tenderizes the squid. then put in the mix

flour you can add the bread crumbs for a fish n chip style caffe. lunch

bournopetite. :eat::chef: gabe

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

There is also a lemon pepper you can use that makes it pretty yummy as well. Fish is very simple to cook, when my kids were younger I'd buy a salmon every once in awhile and cook it under the coals in our fire pit. I'd do the same thing as Bohemian here and it was delectable every time!!!

I think people shy away from a whole fish because they perceive that it is difficult to cook. It really is so easy, and while it is a bind to remove the bones when eating it, it is so tasty.

You can always get a fishmonger to fillet the fish (or learn to do it yourself), but when the results are so good from the simple recipes above, why bother?

• 2 months later...