JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Assembly Hall Victimized by Arson

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1738 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

by KOMO News Staff

Tuesday, August 13th 2019

PUYALLUP, Wash. - Federal agents and the Pierce County Fire Marshal are investigating a suspicious fire that broke out early Tuesday outside a Jehovah's Witnesses Kingdom Hall in Puyallup.

http://komonews.com/news/local/suspicious-fire-damages-pierce-co-kingdom-hall-may-be-linked-to-earlier-arsons

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thank you Sis Margaret, and I know our brothers WILL be extra viligant! 

17 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I was going to post this early today, my son sent this link to me, he lives very near there. My Assembly Hall.

Sister , this is your assembly hall also? 

They refer to it as a Kingdom Hall multiple times, but it was an Assembly Hall where conventions are being held in Puyallup Washington USA.  It's in Pierce county a county nearby Thurston county where fires were set against Kingdom Halls and one was shot up.

https://komonews.com/news/local/suspicious-fire-damages-pierce-co-kingdom-hall-may-be-linked-to-earlier-arsons?fbclid=IwAR0WYpMJfBITSzrosB3zTZKcyIURLUQSmvpzRZTbyg0dz4hu9761C_es2eo

Edited by JW2017

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/seventh-kingdom-hall-attack-doesn-t-stop-jehovah-s-witness-convention/976767045?fbclid=IwAR07Adg6lIggKU80DFK-SHqf2qb9UaXJsSKpaOIxyO-IKSg7G-9OttfG4Tg

Music echoed through Assembly Hall in Puyallup Friday, as hundreds of Jehovah’s Witnesses joined in song and worship just feet from this week’s arson attempt. 

Spokesperson Erik Larson said Tuesday’s fire was the seventh attack on a South Sound Kingdom Hall in a year and a half. 

“While we aren’t surprised by it, we are saddened. It is disturbing, disconcerting to say the least, but we’re not going to let it come between us and our worship of God,” said Larson.

The arsons began in March of 2018. Since then, two Olympia Kingdom Halls burned to the ground.

“It’s hard to understand how a person could have so much animosity towards peace-loving people, such as Jehovah’s Witnesses,” said David Bronson. 

Bronson’s felt the impact twice. 

He attended the Cain Road Kingdom Hall that burned down in July 2018. Five months later, the Carpenter Road location his congregation moved to was also destroyed.

“I wouldn’t say it was like a recurring nightmare, but maybe close to that,” said Bronson.

Last year, investigators released surveillance video of a suspect dressed in all black, lighting a fire that quickly spread. 

“It’s arson, but it’s an act of violence and I think when we start connecting violence to what’s going on around the world, it’s kind of scary,” said Audrey Travis, Aurora Village congregation member.

Rather than seek revenge, the community wants to spread love.

The title of this weekend’s convention is “Love Never Fails.”

“In a world that’s filled with hatred and violence, having some reminders of how to be more loving in our daily lives,” said Larson. “Especially in the face of this week’s events, having those reminders is really critical for us.”

Larson hopes the person or people committing the crimes hears their message and has a change of heart.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

https://q13fox.com/2019/08/16/jehovahs-witness-community-undeterred-in-face-of-repeated-crimes/

I was there today and I saw this man the reporter on the video filming during the convention.  There were other reporters and camera people there too.

The program of the convention is wonderful.

Edited by JW2017

On 8/16/2019 at 7:13 PM, JW2017 said:

https://q13fox.com/2019/08/16/jehovahs-witness-community-undeterred-in-face-of-repeated-crimes/

I was there today and I saw this man the reporter on the video filming during the convention.  There were other reporters and camera people there too.

The program of the convention is wonderful.

Yes I was there too, and also today I will be there sister! It’s amazing how quickly they cleaned up the area burned . There is no trace of the fire left!