JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Book of First Corinthians (Study Edition) Now Available Online

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1729 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1 minute ago, New World Explorer said:

I have read Bank of Corinthians ....   time to wake up ? :poke: poking myself LOL

I hope you get a good return for your investment, however I hope this means that more books will be updated soon 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I hope you get a good return for your investment, however I hope this means that more books will be updated soon 

For sure it’s a Bank of spiritual treasures... will check it tonight ...:D

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Finally! More spiritual goodies. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I found the note to “Every other sin that a man commit is outside his body” in 1Co 6:18 interesting and thought provoking.

Every other sin that a man may commit is outside his body: Paul has been emphasizing that Christians are to be united with their Lord and head, Christ Jesus. (1Co 6:13-15) The sexually immoral person wrongly and sinfully becomes “one flesh” with another. (1Co 6:16) In a sense, the Christian who commits immorality separates himself from union with Christ and makes his body “one” with another person. That is apparently why all other sins committed by a person are here viewed as “outside his body.” A Christian practicing sexual immorality sins against his own body, using his reproductive members for an immoral purpose.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/dx/r1/lp-e/1001070150/28577

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Regarding the updates to the media sections to the other books, “View of the Valley of Jezreel” has been added to Mt 2; “Jesus Invites Matthew to Be His Follower” to Mt 9; “East of Jordan—Perea” to Mt 19.

“View of the Valley of Jezreel” has been added to Mr 1; “Jesus Calms the Storm” to Mr 4; “East of Jordan—Perea” to Mr 10.

“View of the Valley of Jezreel” has been added Lu 2; “Jesus Heals a Woman” to Lu 8.

“View of the Valley of Jezreel” has been added to Joh 1; “Jesus Resurrects Lazarus” to Joh 11.

“Antioch of Syria” has been added to Ac 6; “Saul on the Road to Damascus” and “Garments and Robes” to Ac 9; “Antioch of Syria” to Ac 11 and 13; “Coin from Cyprus, With the Title ‘Proconsul’” to Ac 13; “Neapolis” and “A Place of Prayer Near Philippi” to Ac 16; “Beroea” to Ac 17; “Harbour of Ancient Cenchreae” to Ac 18.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 8/17/2019 at 7:45 PM, Thesauron said:

I found the note to “Every other sin that a man commit is outside his body” in 1Co 6:18 interesting and thought provoking...
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/dx/r1/lp-e/1001070150/28577

How did you get the page on WOL to display all of the parallel translations and notes for that verse?
Its brilliant!  But I can't work out how to do it.

Love the Study Notes on the description of love in Chapter 13, complements this year's convention nicely 🙂

Edited by Dandelion

5 hours ago, Dandelion said:

How did you get the page on WOL to display all of the parallel translations and notes for that verse?

Love the Study Notes on the description of love in Chapter 13, complements this year's convention nicely 🙂

Type the verse you want (e.g. Matthew 1:1) in WOL Search box.

image.png.b36009d06944e56aa1cf37013db66895.png

Then, when the verse appears, click on the blue verse number. It will give you this page.

image.png.e2e4d8839c43dde7fef88c8dfe211b2d.png

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/dx/r1/lp-e/1001070144/23261

Love the Study Notes on the description of love in Chapter 13, complements this year's convention nicely

Sorry for the delay, but, yeah, the method described above is probably easiest.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”