JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Welcome to 1984 and the thought police "FBI: Conspiracy theory ‘extremists’ are a terror threat "

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1716 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/01/fbi-conspiracy-theory-extremists-are-a-terror-threat/

Oh well nobody ever cared to discuss things like Epsteins murder / suicide / body-double / pedos run government FRINGE conspiracy theories in the past, now I guess one more reason to just shut up about it.

12 “You should not call a conspiracy what this people calls a conspiracy!

Do not fear what they fear;

Do not tremble at it.

13 Jehovah of armies—he is the One you should regard as holy,

He is the One you should fear,

Isaiah 8:12-13

What's really interesting though, is this passage

The bureau said another factor driving the mounting threat is “the uncovering of real conspiracies or cover-ups involving illegal, harmful, or unconstitutional activities by government officials or leading political figures.”

The FBI does not specify which people or cover-ups it was referring to.

It's obvious to a thinking person that this Satanic system of deception has always been run by a conspiracy. History is nothing but conspiracies at the highest levels of power.

The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of the stupid is in the house of rejoicing. (Ecclesiastes 4:7)

I'm not saying that there are no conspiracies or that we should believe all they say in the news. Obviously there are a lot of things happening behind the scenes the public will never know about.

The problem with conspiracy thinking is that it's based on flawed logic. Rational thinking observes the facts, proposes a theory that fits those facts, then tests that theory to see if it's true or not. Conspirationist thinking, on the other hand, starts from an already formed conclusion and then cherrypicks the facts highlighting those that fit its theory and ignoring those that contradict it. Instead of proving their statements with evidence they put the burden of proof on the others, asking them to prove they're wrong. The correct logical proceeding is putting the burden on proof on the one advocating the existence of something because it's extremely difficult or impossible to prove the non-existence of something. When I have tried to reason logically with some brothers having this mentality it has been extremely frustrating because they won't even consider any idea that contradicts their dogmas.

So while not every conspiracy is false, I agree that conspiracy theory extremists are dangerous. Well, any kind of extremists are dangerous, but extremists based on delusions and flawed thinking are even more.

8 hours ago, carlos said:

I'm not saying that there are no conspiracies or that we should believe all they say in the news. Obviously there are a lot of things happening behind the scenes the public will never know about.

Agreed.

The problem with conspiracy thinking is that it's based on flawed logic. Rational thinking observes the facts, proposes a theory that fits those facts, then tests that theory to see if it's true or not. Conspirationist thinking, on the other hand, starts from an already formed conclusion and then cherrypicks the facts highlighting those that fit its theory and ignoring those that contradict it. Instead of proving their statements with evidence they put the burden of proof on the others, asking them to prove they're wrong. The correct logical proceeding is putting the burden on proof on the one advocating the existence of something because it's extremely difficult or impossible to prove the non-existence of something. When I have tried to reason logically with some brothers having this mentality it has been extremely frustrating because they won't even consider any idea that contradicts their dogmas.

Yes and no.

I agree that MOST conspiracy researchers do use flawed logic and start with an already formed conclusion and then cherry pick facts. I agree about the burden of proof.

However, where I disagree is that ALL of them use this type of reasoning in their research. Personally, I am ruthlessly logical in my research and have spent many thousands of hours over the last 9 years analyzing and dissecting this system and how it works in order to understand and make sense of it. Sadly, it became an obsession with me to the point of doing great harm to myself and my family. I am not a man who is easily convinced of anything, never have been. I question EVERYTHING.

So while not every conspiracy is false, I agree that conspiracy theory extremists are dangerous. Well, any kind of extremists are dangerous, but extremists based on delusions and flawed thinking are even more.

Agreed.

The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of the stupid is in the house of rejoicing. (Ecclesiastes 4:7)