JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

jwpub.org email [ :-( Something went wrong] issue

Good morning to all of you bros.  Does anyone here can help with an issue in jwpub email?  I can login the www.jw.org user login but I'm not able to login the jwpub email.  Screenshot attached.  Our coordinator already tried to delete the user and re-create again.  But still the same problem.  He created 3 users, one worked with the email access but the two of us are not able get.  It's been more than 5 months of trying so I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Annotation 2019-09-17 090651.jpg

This is something that can be only resolved through your COBE and the Branch.

I would be very cautious to give any information here on the forum regarding "inbox" issues, as this is the matter that involves only appointed brothers.

Talk to your COBI again..., technical issues can be resolved

I have changed password once, and had to be re-registerd again, once this was done,  all worked perfectly.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 9/17/2019 at 10:58 AM, New World Explorer said:

This is something that can be only resolved through your COBE and the Branch.

I would be very cautious to give any information here on the forum regarding "inbox" issues, as this is the matter that involves only appointed brothers.

Talk to your COBI again..., technical issues can be resolved

I have changed password once, and had to be re-registerd again, once this was done,  all worked perfectly.

Thanks, bro Greg.  I will do.

23 hours ago, jwhess said:

Can you access your regular account on JW.ORG "login"?  If you can, did you try your email through the old "inbox" menu tab there?

Hi John, Yes.  I can access the regular JW.ORG login and I think the tab you are referring to is now gone.  I know that tab will lead us to jw webmail and that's where the error comes after I login the webmail.

4 hours ago, Andoks said:

Hi John, Yes.  I can access the regular JW.ORG login and I think the tab you are referring to is now gone.  I know that tab will lead us to jw webmail and that's where the error comes after I login the webmail.

4 hours ago, Andoks said:

We were encouraged to use the other methods to access this email account.  But the actual menu tab is still there and it works if you read the paragraph it has a gray box that says "click here to go to your email".  Maybe you have different permissions than I do.

The screen clip shows the INBOX next to the ADMIN tab.

inbox.JPG

17 hours ago, jwhess said:

We were encouraged to use the other methods to access this email account.  But the actual menu tab is still there and it works if you read the paragraph it has a gray box that says "click here to go to your email".  Maybe you have different permissions than I do.

The screen clip shows the INBOX next to the ADMIN tab.

inbox.JPG

Thanks for the screenshot, but mine doesn't have that tab.  I think it's because the mailbox is not enabled, yet.

Edited by Alan

On 9/26/2019 at 3:22 AM, Jmystro said:

Anyone having issues with IOS 13 (iPhone) and using Outlook for jwpub emails?

I can’t log in, no problem via jw.org or using the iPad.

I am not sure but I think we can only access the email through webmail, not through Outlook or any other app.  Just the browser.  Did you try using your iphone web browser?

On 9/25/2019 at 6:22 PM, Jmystro said:

Anyone having issues with IOS 13 (iPhone) and using Outlook for jwpub emails?

I can’t log in, no problem via jw.org or using the iPad.

I had the same problem with Outlook on my iPhone with 13 (now 13.1.1).  I actually rebooted my phone and then it worked fine.  I just double checked and it's still working.

Edited by dozerman5676

spelling

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

Ok. For all those having issues with outlook and jwpub emails I have a few solutions I have come across supporting various brothers.

First one is, don’t let Outlook try and setup your mail.

Choose either manually or advanced setup. 

Enter your user info and set the server to eas.jwpub.org (this may different in your country so go to your inbox section on JW.org and look at the faq section under manual setup)

The other thing I am seeing is the account limit of 5 devices being reached. The error email that warns of this may not be seen as you need access to your email. This you can do by logging in online to mail.jwpub.org.

To reset your mobile devices go to mail.jwpub.org.

Click the the options button at the bottom right, looks like three dots.

Then click general options, mobile devices and delete the devices there, these are usually the ones with older login dates. 
On your problem device you may need to delete your account in outlook and set it up again.

Hope that helps.

Richard

28A72EB6-823A-4D85-944A-378327264CCF.thumb.jpeg.538fa2e461a017b323e60ff55a98c054.jpeg