JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WATCHTOWER STUDY - FEBRUARY 2020 (PICTURES)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1557 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I’ve been able to download the workbook but the watchtower I cannot download. See screenshots. The second it the watchtower, nothing is showing up for me.

70A7745C-6636-40DB-B136-99E515A1D8A9.jpeg

C81B0A6C-4DE7-450D-AD11-4936ECE0BBA7.jpeg

1 minute ago, bagwell1987 said:

Are you looking at it on your phone, tablet or computer? I'm on computer

iPad mini.

I’ve been able to download the workbook but the watchtower I cannot download. See screenshots. The second it the watchtower, nothing is showing up for me.
70A7745C-6636-40DB-B136-99E515A1D8A9.thumb.jpeg.6b60030c04e2c2d4a7654158b289ae3a.jpeg
C81B0A6C-4DE7-450D-AD11-4936ECE0BBA7.thumb.jpeg.b7e5aabff3817ca4a15bd84a6a610c26.jpeg
iPad mini.

You might need to refresh, clear your cache, perhaps.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

8 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

Clear data and history on your iPad and it will work. I couldn’t see it on my iPad until I did this.

Tried it, 'no joy'.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I found that using an Ipad with Safari is a little difficult for me.  I use Chrome to do the download (on the Ipad).  When you select the "jwpub" file from the listing on JW.org and choose "download", it appears in a white text box at the bottom of the screen.  Choose "download" and it does.  Then it asks you how you want to open the file.

Select the "download" file icon (the sheet of paper with an upward arrow) from the menu at the top of the page.  Scroll to the far right. Choose the 3 dots (more) and find the "JW Library" app and select it.  The magazine installs in the app.

2 minutes ago, jwhess said:

I found that using an Ipad with Safari is a little difficult for me.  I use Chrome to do the download (on the Ipad).  When you select the "jwpub" file from the listing on JW.org and choose "download", it appears in a white text box at the bottom of the screen.  Choose "download" and it does.  Then it asks you how you want to open the file.

Select the "download" file icon (the sheet of paper with an upward arrow) from the menu at the top of the page.  Scroll to the far right. Choose the 3 dots (more) and find the "JW Library" app and select it.  The magazine installs in the app.

I have found the same to be true. It appears that Siri can't be removed or I would. Sometimes it inserts itself much like Bing does on a PC and I can't figure what happened to my Chrome.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

11 minutes ago, Old said:

and I can't figure what happened to my Chrome.

I remember the days you could find Chrome on a car....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

The brothers and sisters in the art department are certainly led by Jehovah's spirit as they put so much realism into the art work.  One can learn so much after meditating on the picture for a while.  They say a picture tells a hundred words and that is possibly so.

Thank you dear brothers and sisters for your your skills and Jehavah for giving them that ability.

Edited by bushbard

• 2 months later...
On 9/27/2019 at 1:09 PM, Dustparticle said:

The picture of the friends are French. I can tell of their features on their faces. . .

On 9/27/2019 at 1:11 PM, Bro Richard said:

French Canadian perhaps? 

On 10/31/2019 at 7:07 PM, YACO said:

X1 (1).jpg

X1 (3).jpg

Funny. After all this time I still hadn't looked at this Watchtower issue. (I'm way behind the times.) It was only yesterday that I saw it. :( I jumped for joy when I saw the picture just above, and I was really excited to see his story! Brother Léonce Crépeault was the District Overseer in French when I first moved into a French congregation in Montreal in 1987. I remember him very well. He was a very good speaker, and had a sharp mind. (No, "Léonce" is not really a very common name in French either, to my knowledge.) Once he spent a week in my congregation, not because we were the host congregation for an assembly but simply because he had a week off. That was a privilege for us, and I got to know them on a personal level.

According to the article, he had started as DO back in 1973, and remained as the French DO until the early- to mid-1990s! What? District Overseers didn't rotate every three years like the Circuit Overseers? Well, yes, usually. However, here in Canada there was only one French district—the entire country! So he must have visited so many congregations several times over those 20-some years. No wonder he and his wife made so many friends in his huge territory!

I was surprised by what he said when he and Carolyn moved into an English district in Toronto in 1996. He said he spoke "broken English"? I had heard him speak English a few times already, as he had replaced the DO in English at Circuit Assemblies once or twice. I thought he was good at it. Of course, it was evident from his accent that he wasn't English, but he made a good effort. Well, after all, Carolyn is English! But such modesty on his part!

The last I saw him was when he served as an elder and pioneer in a French congregation near where I live about 4 or 5 years ago, retired from the traveling work. Since then he and wife have moved to somewhere outside Montreal, although I don't recall where. Although I have heard his talks so many times in the past, I learned a lot about him from this article!