JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Have you noticed? (Audio Readings on WOL)

Have you used the audio readings with the WOL?

One of the features of the readings is the highlighted text. We generally use the WOL to read the Scriptures for the weekly Bible Study. To do this, we display the WOL on the console monitor and click on the first word of the verse(s) we want read. While the audio is played through the sound system, the text currently being read is "highlighted" on the console monitor. As each new verse is read, that verse is highlighted. The highlighted portion of the reading moves from verse-to-verse as the reading continues. This makes it easy for us to keep track of the reading so we do not go further than the conductor asked for - since, if you do not hit "pause" after the requested verse(s) is(are) read, the reading will continue to the end of the current chapter.

The same holds true for the Watchtower lessons. When I am preparing my lessons at home I often use the audio. As the lesson is read, each portion is highlighted. The questions are highlighted as they are read and then the paragraph(s) is(are) highlighted as they are read.

I find this to be a very nice, helpful feature

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Absolutely, this is exactly how we teach people on the A/V to run it. When in any Bible chapter or Publication in JW Library, you can open it in WOL through the ... menu -> Share Link -> Open in Online Library. So it's very easy to go directly to the paragraph or verses that you want read.

Edited by Myew

For those who have not used/seen this feature:

Here is the Bible reading that goes with this week's Bible Study - John 12:28-50

This is John the 12 Chapter

image.thumb.png.e8d5199da38688267c14bb1e4d59b8a1.png

Now we scroll down to where verse 28 is showing

image.thumb.png.ccd0dd901bf1699dbf827a35c3690a65.png

If you notice, we can see from verse 26-38 on my PC ... nothing is highlighted and the reading progress bar is still at the left

I will now select verse 28 where the reading begins:  To do this I clicked on the word "Father" - not the verse number

If I click the verse number I will get that verse and associated information in the right panel - not the play button.

image.thumb.png.4f0a2984ed28e7559c4fb2192d40acc8.png

As you see, verse 28 is now highlighted a different color and there is a little "play" button visible just above the selected verse.

Now I will click the play button and let the reading continue until it is in verse 30

image.thumb.png.7af73c3104d8a74c5d0df2564d961044.png

You will notice the verse I originally selected is still highlighted in a different color - but now, verse 30 is "shadowed" because that is the one currently being read.

Also, note the reading progress bar is now moved to the position of the current location in the reading.

The shadowed text will continue moving down the page one verse at a time as each verse is read until I pause/stop it or it reaches the last verse of the chapter 

Since we have the study lesson displayed on the console monitor in JWLibrary, and the conductor does not always want the entire reference read,we find is easier to use the Bible in WOL because we can select the book, chapter and verse as the conductor asks for it ... depending on his timing, the conductors ask for the readings "on the fly" since they usually do this as a recap at the end of the study.

It has been working this way for us for several years now :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
On 2/17/2020 at 2:35 PM, zauser said:

If you load the chapter in jw.org, not in wol.jw.org, you can click on the scriptures at the top of the chapter and then on the play button in the pop up box. They will start and stop at the correct verse automatically...

A6536FAC-8359-4209-B0FA-7D9ACCBF9A82.jpeg

@zauser   Afternoon Brother, just reading this post and I would like to know how to load Chap 112, for Tuesday night, into JW.ORG.  TIA, Sr. Goudeau.

Edited by Good-O

Need to name person addressed to. thx.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:04 PM, Good-O said:

@zauser   Afternoon Brother, just reading this post and I would like to know how to load Chap 112, for Tuesday night, into JW.ORG.  TIA, Sr. Goudeau.

Hi sorry, only saw this now... you would have had to go to publication search in jw.org, then find Jesus The Way and then clicked on chap 112...

4 hours ago, zauser said:

Hi sorry, only saw this now... you would have had to go to publication search in jw.org, then find Jesus The Way and then clicked on chap 112...

@zauser  Thank you Brother.  I finally figured it out and sorry I didn't let you know.  Thanks again.  Sr. Goudeau