JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Breaking News: Latest Information Regarding the Coronavirus Outbreak

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1529 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/#newsAlerts

The Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses has provided direction to all branches regarding our spiritual activities during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. On Thursday, March 12, 2020, the Governing Body directed the United States branch to cancel all large spiritual events until May 1, 2020. This direction was shared with all branches so that they can make wise decisions about our activities in harmony with local circumstances. We are fully cooperating with health officials in all nations in an effort to contain the spread of the virus. We recognize that this pandemic is yet another evidence that we are living deep in the last days.

10 minutes ago, Bob said:

The March 1, 2020 letter did not reference May 1, instead it said until further notice. Now we have further notice

"Governing Body directed the United States branch to cancel all large spiritual events until May 1, 2020."

Things may still change.

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

9 minutes ago, Old said:

The March 1, 2020 letter did not reference May 1, instead it said until further notice. Now we have further notice

"Governing Body directed the United States branch to cancel all large spiritual events until May 1, 2020."

Things may still change.

Agree.

*** w16 January p. 9 pars. 8-9 Be Determined to “Let Your Brotherly Love Continue”! ***

8 Soon the destructive winds of the greatest tribulation of all time will be released. (Mark 13:19; Rev. 7:1-3) Then, we will do well to heed this inspired counsel: “Go, my people, enter your inner rooms, and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourself for a brief moment until the wrath has passed by.” (Isa. 26:20) These “inner rooms” may refer to our congregations. That is where we come together as brothers and sisters to worship Jehovah. But it is not enough for us to meet together regularly. Paul reminded the Hebrew Christians that they should use such occasions to incite one another “to love and fine works.” (Heb. 10:24, 25) We need to develop our brotherly love now, for it will help us during whatever tests and trials we may face in the future.

9 Even now, before the outbreak of the great tribulation, we have a strong need for brotherly love. Many of our brothers have been adversely affected by earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, tsunamis, or other natural disasters. Some brothers are suffering because of opposition and persecution. (Matt. 24:6-9) Added to all of this are the economic woes we experience daily as a result of living in this corrupt system of things. (Rev. 6:5, 6) As such problems increase, so do our opportunities to demonstrate the depth of our brotherly affection. Even though “the love of the greater number [of people] will grow cold,” we need to prove that our brotherly love continues.—Matt. 24:12.

:D ❤️

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Paris Calling!!

All meetings and preaching cancelled in France this weekend.  The French government has prohibited large gatherings, eacb congregation are making their own arrangements.  I think ours are watching video streaming, I received a code by text but am waiting on instructions.