JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WT Study & Videos

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1195 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I personally think that the brothers will add short video clips to the Watchtower study one of these days.

However, in the meantime... 

Have you found a short video that contributes to a WT study article? Perhaps a short video from a Regional Convention that helps illustrate or explain a main point in a WT study article?

Please post a link to the WT Study article and a link to the video that you think adds to the study. It can be a past, present or future study article. 

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I like study article 26 "Return To Me" in the June 2020 WT

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2020441&srcid=share

I think this video goes with it very well.

Jesus “Came to Seek and to Save What Was Lost”

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&prefer=content&applanguage=E&locale=en&item=pub-jwbcov_201505_4_VIDEO&docid=1011214

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

45 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

I like study article 26 "Return To Me" in the June 2020 WT

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2020441&srcid=share

I think this video goes with it very well.

Jesus “Came to Seek and to Save What Was Lost”

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&prefer=content&applanguage=E&locale=en&item=pub-jwbcov_201505_4_VIDEO&docid=1011214

Yes that one is most appropriate. Those two study articles are based on the talk at the 2015 convention during which the Return to Jehovah brochure was released. This video was played during that talk.

Excellent articles to direct us to Jehovah's sheep who have strayed away for one reason or another.   After all, can you imagine if even half of those who have become inactive returned to Jehovah what the numbers would be? It seems (if I recall correctly) that back in the 1990's we had a sort of campaign to help see if we could reactivate those who had become inactive.   We had some articles it seems in our Kingdom Ministry to direct us.   Is this correct or am I dreaming again>?!    Do any of you remember something similar?   I know that LISTENING to them and visiting again and again to show sincere, genuine concern is a MUST.    And for those of us who the inactive one(s) may have erred against or hurt deeply, we must as the article points out , apply Colossians 3:13    In many cases not always that easy to do.

• 9 months later...

It feels like we are getting closer to having videos in the WT Study. I'm looking forward to it.

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

It feels like we are getting closer to having videos in the WT Study. I'm looking forward to it.

Yes, I think this is long overdue. Perhaps reduce number of paragraphs and include 5-10min discussion of a video?

I’d also like to see all the month’s study articles in that issue of the magazine. For example the January WT would contain all articles to be studied in January, and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

When we saw the introduction of the new publication during the Annual Meeting Part 1 this year, my wife and I started wondering aloud whether the WT would ever follow this pattern as well - formatting everything to be more of a discussion and not a Q&A thing.  

We have doubts that this will happen - the WT articles are often full of deep topics with specific information.  Not sure it would track as well if they were just like "Read this scripture and discuss what it teaches you about Jehovah". 

But we'd welcome short videos; that would be amazing! 

I have noticed that many of the public talk outlines are being updated with included images. 

The Watchtowers are not just for the meetings.  We use them in personal study, researching for the bible reading and talks etc.  I think that most of my research is from Watchtower study articles than any other publication.

If the WT study included the use of videos and used the new format of the new study method, that would make the article smaller.  But if the articles are smaller, then that would leave more pages for other material, maybe some deeper study material.  Or material that is used to supplement the study article, but not directly used during the meeting.   That would create a nice balance between the new method without losing the meat of deeper study.

I’m looking forward to it :)

I guess GB has been preparing us for it for some time. Not only our MWM has a lot of videos in it but the Pure Warship book has videos at the beginning of each chapter. I think one or two very short videos (like some extracts in the new brochure or two videos from last talk in 2019 RC with a small girl and a teenager) plus 2-4 questions would:

• break the monotony (paragraph/question/comment/scripture/comment/comment repeating previous comment 😉) and consequently increase focus
  • help engage children
  • make it easy to prepare and participate for less-literate interested ones and brothers/sisters
  • improve recall of studied material
  • go hand in hand with our new way of studying

of course, I don’t know if and how it is going to happen but I realize Jehovah doesn’t always answer our prayers immediately 😃

🙏 Thank you! 🙏