JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovah's Witnesses church leader 'poisoned' by rival

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4428 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I think he means that Jehovah doesn't sleep.

(Psalm 121:3, 4)

3 He cannot possibly allow your foot to totter.

The One guarding you cannot possibly be drowsy.

4 Look! He will not be drowsy nor go to sleep,

He that is guarding Israel.

I think he means that Jehovah doesn't sleep.

(Psalm 121:3, 4)

3 He cannot possibly allow your foot to totter.

The One guarding you cannot possibly be drowsy.

4 Look! He will not be drowsy nor go to sleep,

He that is guarding Israel.

Yeah, I just wanted Kes to explain it! :tongue:

I suppose that the saddest thing about this situation is that a man who has studied and apparently dedicated his life to Jehovah felt that it was acceptable to injure a fellow brother's life and those of his children. His "yes" did not mean "yes."

It is the two commandments again. Love Jehovah with all you are, which means to respect his gift of life and abide by his laws. Love your brother as yourself, which means that in words and actions do good things in behalf of your brothers, support them and encourage them. Now, because of this man's actions, that congregation has almost a life destroying tragedy perpetrated by one who was disfellowshipped. One good thing is that this is a pointed lesson that disfellowshipping is a good thing, because this man wanted some position in the congregation, as indicated by the word rival, and the judicial process showed him to be worthy of being disfellowshipped.

It also shows that whoever wrote the article is not altogether respectful toward Jehovah's Witnesses. This man was disfellowshipped, so he is no longer a "member of the church" with the elder. The elder is not a "leader" and the Kingdom Hall is not a "Jehovah's Witness Church". It doesn't take a lot of effort to use the terms used by a religious congregation to describe itself and its operations, it just takes a little thoughtfulness and respect, or at least, a desire to be accurate.

It also shows that whoever wrote the article is not altogether respectful toward Jehovah's Witnesses. This man was disfellowshipped, so he is no longer a "member of the church" with the elder. The elder is not a "leader" and the Kingdom Hall is not a "Jehovah's Witness Church". It doesn't take a lot of effort to use the terms used by a religious congregation to describe itself and its operations, it just takes a little thoughtfulness and respect, or at least, a desire to be accurate.

You know, i did not even notice the church stuff. I do not think he meant to be disrecpectful. Even on the news, you will hear they refer to the congregation as a church. That is just the way they see it. Also, the The elders are not leader in the world term but when you consider that they are our sheperds and responsible of the flock in the congregation, then you can say that they are some sort of leaders. I think they are some stuff, we just have to not pay attention to it. Overall, the article did not say anything bad. It is just like if somebody ask me if i go to a church and i say yes. I just know what he meant.

You know, i did not even notice the church stuff. I do not think he meant to be disrecpectful. Even on the news, you will hear they refer to the congregation as a church. That is just the way they see it. Also, the The elders are not leader in the world term but when you consider that they are our sheperds and responsible of the flock in the congregation, then you can say that they are some sort of leaders. I think they are some stuff, we just have to not pay attention to it. Overall, the article did not say anything bad. It is just like if somebody ask me if i go to a church and i say yes. I just know what he meant.

I agree, especially as regards viewing the elders as leaders. In a way, they are (Heb 13:17). So I can see how they are viewed as leaders, even though we rightly regard Jesus as our Leader.

The news story is pretty scary, though.

How much festering hatred it must take to poison a man´s small children, who are, after all the major consumers of milk and OJ. The weapons found point to even more evil plans, so it´s a good thing our brother was persistent. :?

I was amazed the culprit was allowed to be bailed!!:X:scared:

I feel he is a danger to all the Witnesses in that area. I personally feel that with the amount of weedkiller, silencers ammunition and handgun that he had not yet used, he was just starting with this elder and his family and may have been planning to target the others on the committee or others he felt disgruntled at. I hope and pray they are all vigilant and kept safe around there!!:help::pray:

I feel he is a danger to all the Witnesses in that area. I personally feel that with the amount of weedkiller, silencers ammunition and handgun that he had not yet used, he was just starting with this elder and his family and may have been planning to target the others on the committee or others he felt disgruntled at. I hope and pray they are all vigilant and kept safe around there!! :help::pray:

That is why Jehovah saw to it that the man did not succeed in his plans.

Any weapon whatever that will be formed against you will have no success, and any tongue at all that will rise up against you in the judgment you will condemn. This is the hereditary possession of the servants of Jehovah, and their righteousness is from me,” is the utterance of Jehovah.- ISAIAH 54:17

I feel he is a danger to all the Witnesses in that area. I personally feel that with the amount of weedkiller, silencers ammunition and handgun that he had not yet used, he was just starting with this elder and his family and may have been planning to target the others on the committee or others he felt disgruntled at. I hope and pray they are all vigilant and kept safe around there!! :help::pray:

That is why Jehovah saw to it that the man did not succeed in his plans.

Any weapon whatever that will be formed against you will have no success, and any tongue at all that will rise up against you in the judgment you will condemn. This is the hereditary possession of the servants of Jehovah, and their righteousness is from me,” is the utterance of Jehovah.- ISAIAH 54:17

That is good to think about, but we know that God's people suffer in this system everyday, many times at the hands of others. God's word does not promise that we will be immune to Satan's attacks, just that he will give up the strength to endure them.

What a strange scenario..

The article said that the disfellowship man " was still free to attend our meetings, which he continued to do."

So he was poisoning this brother and his family while still attending the meetings.

That's crazy!:eek: