JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Speaker static on pc.

I was convinced  I needed new speakers when I heard static hum like sound. Even while they were off. Long story short I hear the same sound in new speakers! 😧😧  Anyone know why?  Thanks in advance.  

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

Are your speakers USB powered? Many computers suffer from electrical 'noise'. An isolator might help some. It might not, I'm not a legit audiophile or electrician...
Mpow and Aukey are decent brands I've bought tech from. https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/10981591/ref=zg_b_bs_10981591_1

Edited by Myew

It could be something wrong with your internal sound card or it could be a ground loop as mentioned above.

Do you have another device with a headphone jack that you can test with the speakers, such as a laptop or tablet?

If you need to rule out your sound card, you can try one of these USB devices from Amazon.

Sabrent Aluminum USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Plug and Play No Drivers Needed [black] (AU-EMCB) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XM883BK/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_RH5REb9R876A8

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Myew said:

Are your speakers USB powered? Many computers suffer from electrical 'noise'. An isolator might help some. It might not, I'm not a legit audiophile or electrician...
Mpow and Aukey are decent brands I've bought tech from. https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/10981591/ref=zg_b_bs_10981591_1

I plug them both in the back of the computer.  I already brought some speakers. I'm not tech savvy and don't understand what it is you are referring  too. I am most thankful to you for offering your help. 

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

4 minutes ago, Life4u said:

I plug them both in the back of the computer.

I'm assuming one is a USB cable for power and the other a 3.5mm analog audio jack then. You might try adjusting/reseating the connections or using different ports to see if that helps any. There's a decent guide on howtogeek for this issue. https://www.howtogeek.com/298252/why-are-my-pc-speakers-making-weird-noises/

Thank you both very much! I plug them in by audi jack and usb...

I will check out the mention items you both listed. 

Edited by Life4u

Hi all, I got a cheap camera with a mic to hook up to my pc by way of usb. I can't be heard while trying to comment at meetings. Do anyone have a clue as to why?  Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, Life4u said:

Hi all, I got a cheap camera with a mic to hook up to my pc by way of usb. I can't be heard while trying to comment at meetings. Do anyone have a clue as to why?  Thanks in advance!

The microphone has to be turned on.  If it has a physical switch it must be on.  The PC computer has to be told that the mic is attached.  It may need to have the microphone volume turned up in the settings.

Thank you both!

I was able to make a short video. Does that indicate that the mic is turned on?