JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2020 Governing Body Update #3

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1447 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

NEWS ALERT

In this video report, a Governing Body member shares Scriptural encouragement and responsible brothers from Haiti and Congo (Kinshasa) relate upbuilding experiences about the special talk and Memorial.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/2020-Governing-Body-Update-3/

(I Hope this is the right place for this topic, if it is not, please move it)

Edited by Romain

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

Much needed encouragement and hope:

"The pandemic had a beginning, and it will have an end". 

-Brother Cook

Revelation 21:4....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Let's us know that Jehovah is most definitely in control and that he loves us! Many times, we don't know why something is happening or why it seems we are being blocked and we find out later!! Jehovah's hand was in it! He sees the whole picture and sees what's coming! It's as if he is telling us, I've got this! He definitely does take care of us!

I  didn't even know about update #1 and #2 until I saw the announcement on jw.org.     So I made a listening of all three videos, featuring Brothers Lett, Splane, and Cook, into a personal study for one evening.  So encouraging!

One the most warming points to me was when they described the efforts made to make sure that the Memorial video was available to those who want to see or hear it.  The brothers even arranged for the talk to be presented on local TV and radio stations for brothers whose economic situations made it not possible to get a computer and internet for many congregations.  What a witness that must have been for people who may never have attended a meeting, but here is one on their local station!!

Edited by rbrown1205