JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Locusts Block Out the Sun in Six States in India

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1518 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just as I was about to join our Service Meeting this morning,

my hubby came into my Zoom Room and told me he had just heard this on NPR:

It takes two minutes to listen to this report:

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/30/866059185/swarms-of-locusts-are-the-latest-threat-to-india-amid-coronavirus-pandemic

Swarms Of Locusts Are The Latest Threat To India Amid Coronavirus Pandemic

Guess Africa isn't the only place under attack. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Sadly, it has to be this way ... or they could turn around and say to Jehovah ... we were working on it - we had turned a corner ... and we were going to be ok. They can't say that to him now ... every corner of the world is affected in some way. Point of no return now. (Well it has been for some time from our perspective but from theirs - no argument anymore)

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Joel 2: 31  The sun will be turned into darkness and the moon into blood. Before the coming of the great and awe-inspiring day of Jehovah

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/30/866059185/swarms-of-locusts-are-the-latest-threat-to-india-amid-coronavirus-pandemic
Thanks Sister Ross for the link.

India's been hit by a cyclone and a heat wave this month. That's all on top of the pandemic, which, of course, has the country under lockdown. The country's economy has also taken a hit with 100 million Indians having lost their jobs. And now they're beset with another problem : Locusts.

They violated the coronavirus lockdown and landed in deserted streets this week in India's Pink City, the tourist hub of Jaipur. But these were unwelcome visitors, and they turned the sky brown. It was like an eclipse.