JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Rainy days > The Sun

Some people have said a couple of rainy days in a row is depressing, for me its the complete opposite. Rainy days look nice to me, its real atmospheric and calms me mentally. I loooove driving in the rain. It would be cool to live in Portland or Seattle, they get 150 rain days out of the year. 

https://undergroundhealthreporter.com/

Did You Know…that rain is good for your body?

Next time it rains, take advantage—sing in the rain or splash in a puddle (yuck), because that rain has significant positive health effects

Rain charges the air with health—giving negative ions, which are electrically charged particles that attach themselves to damaging free radicals and thereby protect you from their negative effects.  Negative ions travel to your bloodstream, where they stimulate biochemical reactions that…

Positively influence mood  
  Help lift depressed spirits
  Rev up your energy throughout the day  

They also alkalize your body so that your pH is slightly more alkaline than acidic… pushing you towards a happy equilibrium of 7.365.

And rainwater isn’t the only carrier of these beneficial negative ions.  Wherever water moves, negative ions are released.  That includes rivers, lakes, mountains, and oceans.  So step out into the rain, swim in the ocean, paddle on a lake, and take as many deep breaths of those negative ions as you can!

“GENERALLY SPEAKING, NEGATIVE IONS INCREASE THE FLOW OF OXYGEN TO THE BRAIN; RESULTING IN HIGHER ALERTNESS, DECREASED DROWSINESS, AND MORE MENTAL ENERGY.”

On 6/5/2020 at 10:25 AM, Mclove said:

https://undergroundhealthreporter.com/

Did You Know…that rain is good for your body?

Next time it rains, take advantage—sing in the rain or splash in a puddle (yuck), because that rain has significant positive health effects

Rain charges the air with health—giving negative ions, which are electrically charged particles that attach themselves to damaging free radicals and thereby protect you from their negative effects.  Negative ions travel to your bloodstream, where they stimulate biochemical reactions that…

Positively influence mood  
  Help lift depressed spirits
  Rev up your energy throughout the day  

They also alkalize your body so that your pH is slightly more alkaline than acidic… pushing you towards a happy equilibrium of 7.365.

And rainwater isn’t the only carrier of these beneficial negative ions.  Wherever water moves, negative ions are released.  That includes rivers, lakes, mountains, and oceans.  So step out into the rain, swim in the ocean, paddle on a lake, and take as many deep breaths of those negative ions as you can!

“GENERALLY SPEAKING, NEGATIVE IONS INCREASE THE FLOW OF OXYGEN TO THE BRAIN; RESULTING IN HIGHER ALERTNESS, DECREASED DROWSINESS, AND MORE MENTAL ENERGY.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lasWefVUCsI

:omg: That YouTube video is 10 hours!

Um... Are we supposed to listen to that all in one sitting? :wacko:

On 6/5/2020 at 2:14 PM, AllThingsNew! said:

Some people have said a couple of rainy days in a row is depressing, for me its the complete opposite. Rainy days look nice to me, its real atmospheric and calms me mentally. I loooove driving in the rain. It would be cool to live in Portland or Seattle, they get 150 rain days out of the year. 

Its not the rain I have a problem with its the grey skies. :)

Now that I know how rain can benefit us, I've taken to going out after the rain has tapered off a bit. It's so refreshing soaking in all the negative ions. I even wind down my car windows to catch hold of its beneficial effects.