JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Leonard Myers: Be Reasonable in the Family (Col. 3:18-20)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1403 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

36 minutes ago, bohemian said:

If they are not on jw.org then we should avoid them, shouldn’t we. Have not been told to only really trust jw.org?

That's right. We trust jw.org.

But a global organization needs a global infrastructure. We don't have this.

That is why we drink the milk of the nations. We use their servers and their trucks, their paper mills and their providers.

That is why our files are often stored on large internet accelerators and not on jw.org.

This talk above proved again to me why I should never dismiss any of our spirits up food as unimportant. When I saw the title, I quickly thought it's another family-based talk for couples and families with children. And since I'm single, I thought it wasn't for me so i was going to look at the Russia video posted next to it in the What's New section. But then I ever an article we studied some years ago that encouraged us to not dismiss any of our spiritual food as "not for me" so decided to watch it and boy, the focus of the video was something I needed to hear. The talk had little or nothing to do with family life but focused on displaying reasonableness in imitation of Jehovah and Jesus. Colossians 3:18-20 wasn't even read... Rather, Leviticus 5 was highlighted and it brought to the fore Jehovah's desire that we just do what we can. I needed to hear that. If I had dismissed the video based on the title alone, I would have missed out on something of value.

14 hours ago, bohemian said:

is it on jw.org in the US?

The Website differs by language not region. The videos are on the following first then on JW.ORG.

https://apps.jw.org/TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF?output=html&txtCMSLang=E&pub=jwb&issue=202006&langwritten=E

or

https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=jwb&issue=202006&langwritten=E

30 minutes ago, bohemian said:

I have enough on my plate keeping up with the Chariot without trying to beat it

Technically the links that provided brother Blake are jw.org (https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=jwb&issue=202006&langwritten=E), the video simply wasn’t on What's News?.

It’s not a crime, him or brother Manfred didn’t break a law.

On the contrary, it shows how much they love our spiritual food.

36 minutes ago, Romain said:

Technically the links that provided brother Blake are jw.org (https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=jwb&issue=202006&langwritten=E), the video simply wasn’t on What's News?.

It’s not a crime, him or brother Manfred didn’t break a law.

On the contrary, it shows how much they love our spiritual food.

The links posted in post #2 do not say jw.org at all.  They are just links to a server.

I never said anyone broke a law, or that it was a crime - please do not attribute such a thought to me.

SCENARIO:

An apostate hacks the server and uploads a video of their own making.

A short time later, the brothers recognize the breach in security and remove the suspect item. It never reaches Jw.org.

However several brothers around the world spotted the new item and downloaded it and distributed it to their contacts only later to discover it was from a bad source.

Maybe this is an extreme scenarion, but can you say this is impossible?

Sadly, I have already put one brother on my “ignore list” because of this issue - it seems that my list may have to be increased. I feel hurt that brothers feel the need to be ‘first’.

42 minutes ago, bohemian said:

The links posted in post #2 do not say jw.org at all.  They are just links to a server.

When you want to download a video from jw.org itself, that are the links that enable you to download.

42 minutes ago, bohemian said:

I feel hurt that brothers feel the need to be ‘first’.

That would be a very sad motive but I don't think that this is their intentions.

Don’t be angry with me, I really don’t want to feel angry with anyone here. I’ll end the discussion about this issue here.

Have an amazing day!

This talk above proved again to me why I should never dismiss any of our spirits up food as unimportant. When I saw the title, I quickly thought it's another family-based talk for couples and families with children. And since I'm single, I thought it wasn't for me so i was going to look at the Russia video posted next to it in the What's New section. But then I ever an article we studied some years ago that encouraged us to not dismiss any of our spiritual food as "not for me" so decided to watch it and boy, the focus of the video was something I needed to hear. The talk had little or nothing to do with family life but focused on displaying reasonableness in imitation of Jehovah and Jesus. Colossians 3:18-20 wasn't even read... Rather, Leviticus 5 was highlighted and it brought to the fore Jehovah's desire that we just do what we can. I needed to hear that. If I had dismissed the video based on the title alone, I would have missed out on something of value.
Thanks for your comment!!
Honestly... I was in the exact same place yesterday I watched the Russia video, but didn't watch the new morning worship! Also because I'm single and I had prejudices about it

Thanks a lot for your encouragement! I'll watch it when Im at home

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk