JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Digital Information Board

Looking to help the brothers in my hall to set up a Digital information board for meeting assignments, outside KH cleaning schedule, Zoom numbers, etc. The easiest way I know how is to have the documents on a Google Drive and provide the friends with the link to it. We want to keep this easy for the friends (especially the older ones) to access, but also safe since it would technically be on the internet. I've heard of some making their info boards password protected, but if you have to share the password with the link, that sort of defeats the purpose, IMO. 

Any suggestions you have will be much appreciated!

Can the congregation meeting Zoom host screen share the information after the meeting?

I've wondered if the host could set up a separate breakout room just for announcements. Can the Host screen share to just a single breakout room?

Edited by Bro Richard
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, ROA said:

Any suggestions you have will be much appreciated!

Hi Sister Roe, 

Nice to have you join us, welcome. 😀

Here is a recommendation that may help your congregation to have a good digital information board. Some brothers are using a website called, “Padlet”, I will post the link below.

On this site you can create your own unique information board and even add a password for it so that only members of your congregation may view it. And I believe it is viewable on any kind of device/OS. Hope this works for you. 🙂

https://padlet.com/

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Our congregation uses padlet too. Very handy!  The link is always part of our weekly email.  We get the spiritual schedule emailed to us each Monday. Love it!!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

I would love an app like this made by our organization. So far, in our congregation I text our group overseer for screenshots of the meeting schedules to be sent to our phone in a text message. My husband received a text from a different brother of upcoming Wt. reading assignments. We are being taken care of, one way or another! I think an app for schedules sent to everyone in the group makes it easier for the elders..:boating:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif