JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Who is the biggest HAM on the forum 2?

The Brothers of ECARN (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Area_5_ECARN_Group/info mailing list) are updating the JW Ham Directory.

If you need to update your ham info please email to:  ward.chgs@gmail.com so the master list can be updated.  Current list is WARD list is for 2020.  (Worldwide Amatuer Radio Directory)

K7VIQ Eugene, OR, USA, Earth, Sol System

IMG_20200711_123207792.jpg

Edited by Pallen

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

32 minutes ago, Old said:

Truth is I think Mephibosheth is the number one Ham on our forum. 😅

Before him Tortuga wold have got my vote. :lol:

Does he have a licensee for that Ham?   A licence for extra ham may be a good idea.

K7VIQ_Extra_Canned_Ham.png.62a1365582fef7b748fce8e77df8df6f.png

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

29 minutes ago, TRUTH04 said:

What is HAM?

Sent from my TECNO LC6 using Tapatalk

Amateur radio, also known as ham radio, is the use of radio frequency spectrum for purposes of non-commercial exchange of messages, wireless...

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

31 minutes ago, TRUTH04 said:

What is HAM?

Sent from my TECNO LC6 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Old said:

Amateur radio, also known as ham radio, is the use of radio frequency spectrum for purposes of non-commercial exchange of messages, wireless...

Also apparently as lore goes, the term ham was originally a derogatory term for a Ham fisted CW operator but caught on as as just what Hams are called.  Either that or they were all a bunch of jokers. lol

My mom's cousin was a ham operator and during WWII the government came along and pulled out a couple of pieces so it was inoperable.

I would have become a ham in early 70s, but at that time if there was a war, you just volunteered to be in the military. Had just become a Witness thus that was out. A few years later that all changed, but had kids by that time, no time, no money. 🤑💰

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: