JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Microsoft’s new Edge browser is randomly crashing when users type into the address bar tonight. The issues appear to be affecting Edge users who have selected Google as the default search engine. Microsoft says it’s aware of the problems and the company’s Edge team is investigating.

"Microsoft’s Edge browser is crashing if you have Google set as default search - The Verge" https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/7/30/21348923/microsoft-edge-crash-address-bar-google-search-browser-issues

Old (Downunder) Tone

I had that problem with my mini azulle pc's not with laptop and desktop computers. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

The issue seems to have been resolved ... mine is back to working normally 

Microsoft’s Edge browser was crashing if you had Google set as default search

The issues are now resolved after a temporary workaround

Microsoft’s new Edge browser started randomly crashing when users typed into the address bar tonight. The issues appear to have affected Edge users who had selected Google as the default search engine. Microsoft investigated the problem and now says it’s believed to have been resolved.

The Microsoft Edge crashes started at around 7PM ET, and were affecting macOS and Windows users. Microsoft resolved the problems after around four hours of crashes, but it’s not clear why they were only limited to Google search users in Edge. If users switched to Microsoft’s Bing search engine within Edge, the crashes never occured.

Microsoft is now recommending that Edge users revert any settings they changed as the address bar crashes are now resolved.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/7/30/21348923/microsoft-edge-crash-address-bar-google-search-browser-issues

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

5 minutes ago, Mephibosheth said:

I thought this was about Ministerial Servants 🤣

Me thinks you're on the EDGE! 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Without knowing of the seeming solution, I just restarted my mini pc about 2 times and seemed to work well before I went to work.