JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

how did we meet our spouses mr or mrs right,

Yes Jerry--that is what I have trouble with--the exact same thing which torments me! I was not in the Truth and did not know Jehovah. These are life circumstances that I was talking about. It is hard to figure these things out when now you have the truth. That is why I said I still have a hard time understanding these these things. I do know that I love Jehovah--more than I do my husband. There have been many times I have stayed with my husband BECAUSE of knowing the Truth NOW. I know that Jehovah hates a divorcing. I know that my husband was raised in a extremely dysfunctional home. I know that his mother hid him in a dog house away from his father because she did not know how her husband would "feel" when he got home from work. I know that this is why my husband has an unbalanced view of animals and that he will spend his last dime on feeding stray animals instead of paying a bill. I know all these things and still I can over look them and love him. I know that his father gave him alcohol when he was 5 years when he would return from business trips because he was the "man of the house" while he was on his trip. The point is that when you don't have the truth you make alot of bad decisions based on "your feelings" or what you preceive to be the right thing to do. It is hard enough to forgive myself. Thank you for making it easier. I wrote this not as a "love story" but based on how you met your spouse. I was honest--who would want to admit those things???

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

No. I was sad she had been confronted with a gun to her face.

no I didn't see she had affair sorry I will go back and read again no i don;t think like that.

I was sad she had a sad beginning and happy that she had found someone who cares about her.

sorry if I create wrong impression Jerry.

It upsets me when someone is married and talks about another human as being hot or whatever they express

there is a cut of. I've never expressed myself against Jehovah's rules. when you are single It is different to when you are spoken for. I get sad when someone is hurt. Its another subject but I when was in year 8 was threaten with a knife and thought that the guys where serious and I was so scared. I have a hard time facing men In general and to me I was picturing

a love story with a happy ending. is that ok? otherwise please delete my comment. Gabe:cry::(

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Yes Jerry--that is what I have trouble with--the exact same thing which torments me! I was not in the Truth and did not know Jehovah. These are life circumstances that I was talking about. It is hard to figure these things out when now you have the truth. That is why I said I still have a hard time understanding these these things. I do know that I love Jehovah--more than I do my husband. There have been many times I have stayed with my husband BECAUSE of knowing the Truth NOW. I know that Jehovah hates a divorcing. I know that my husband was raised in a extremely dysfunctional home. I know that his mother hid him in a dog house away from his father because she did not know how her husband would "feel" when he got home from work. I know that this is why my husband has an unbalanced view of animals and that he will spend his last dime on feeding stray animals instead of paying a bill. I know all these things and still I can over look them and love him. I know that his father gave him alcohol when he was 5 years when he would return from business trips because he was the "man of the house" while he was on his trip. The point is that when you don't have the truth you make alot of bad decisions based on "your feelings" or what you preceive to be the right thing to do. It is hard enough to forgive myself. Thank you for making it easier. I wrote this not as a "love story" but based on how you met your spouse. I was honest--who would want to admit those things???

Leslie - you did not have a relationship with Jehovah and that is how people without one act. You expressed yourself well. And I FULLY understand we all have a past. I wasn't commenting on your story - only the "WOW! that is so sweet & cool" - Because it isn't.

I hope Rick treats you well and I also hope that SOON (as time is running out) he decides to serve Jehovah. From the things you have said about him - he sounds like he could be a lot of fun! I wish EVERYONE would serve Jehovah. This is why we go out, learn other languages, etc - to try and save as many as we can.

Your last question was rhetorical. I know these things are hard to admit and you did great. I think your real questions though is - "How does one forgive himself?" Thursday night was the answer to that. Jesus shed bled. Rom 7. Interesting the only time the word "miserable" is used in the scriptures:

Miserable man that I am! Who will rescue me from the body undergoing this death? 25 Thanks to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So, then, with [my] mind I myself am a slave to God’s law, but with [my] flesh to sin’s law.

Keep sticking with Jehovah's law the best you can. I am glad you too are my sister. The past is the past and the ransom can completely blot it out.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

No. I was sad she had been confronted with a gun to her face.

no I didn't see she had affair sorry I will go back and read again no i don;t think like that.

I was sad she had a sad beginning and happy that she had found someone who cares about her.

sorry if I create wrong impression Jerry.

It upsets me when someone is married and talks about another human as being hot or whatever they express

there is a cut of. I've never expressed myself against Jehovah's rules. when you are single It is different to when you are spoken for. I get sad when someone is hurt. Its another subject but I when was in year 8 was threaten with a knife and thought that the guys where serious and I was so scared. I have a hard time facing men In general and to me I was picturing

a love story with a happy ending. is that ok? otherwise please delete my comment. Gabe:cry::(

OK - I was a little too blunt I see. There isn't a need to delete any accounts. I am sorry if I came across rude. I was just shocked.

Gabe, your comments have been fine (well, with that last exception ;) ) and it was because you were focused on Leslie's story having a happy ending. I too hope that it has a happy ending. So far we and she are only in the middle of the story as the end is not yet. It is good she has accepted Jehovah and His loving provision of the Ransom and all that means. A real happy ending would be Rick accepting the truth too. I pray that happens.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

"Miserable man that I am! Who will rescue me from the body undergoing this death? Thanks to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So, then, with [my] mind I myself am a slave to God’s law, but with [my] flesh to sin’s law." My favorite quote by Paul. I recite this almost daily. It helps to remind myself the wretched condition that is sin and imperfection and how my flesh wants to overthrow the government of my parts. LOL! Most of all Paul's quote reminds me to forgive myself for all of it. Sister Leslie we are the sum of our love for Jehovah not the sum of our sins. Yesterday was a nightmare, today is a dream and tomorrow we wake to see.

OK - I was a little too blunt I see. There isn't a need to delete any accounts. I am sorry if I came across rude. I was just shocked.

Gabe, your comments have been fine (well, with that last exception ;) ) and it was because you were focused on Leslie's story having a happy ending. I too hope that it has a happy ending. So far we and she are only in the middle of the story as the end is not yet. It is good she has accepted Jehovah and His loving provision of the Ransom and all that means. A real happy ending would be Rick accepting the truth too. I pray that happens.

Also note this:

My husband had left me and I was SCARED....He apologized for not being the husband he should and siad he desperatly wanted to make it work. I told him that was not possible. He then reached under the couch cushion and pulled out a hand gun and stuck it to the side of my head and started telling me he ought to kill me. Just at the time the kids came down the hall and looked into the living room and started screaming and crying. He started shaking and telling me he was sorry could we just make it work. I felt nothing. I got up and grabbed up my children and left.

Good riddance to that man!

I left the truth in 04 years ago when I left my witness husband who was abusive. I met my husband one day where I worked. It was love at first sight. I knew that night I had met the man I was going to marry. Funny thing is our paths had crossed seveal times. I babysat for his sister while we were married to different people. Then, he cooked my sister's wedding. Third, I was playing bingo with his mother and father every week and sometimes he was there. Its also funny that he is 11 years older than me like my parents and I am his third marriage, again like me dad. I wasnt back in the truth yet. At the wedding asked me if I was going back to the witnesses and I said no and he said good.

Well, 8 years later my mom got sick and I wanted the peace she was experiencing from Jehovah. I knew it was time to go back and I told my husband - he said good - lets go, My husband use to secretly read the bible at his home. He would get his mom's bible and hide and read it. Then when we were married he was always picking up the magazines at the bus stop and reading them. He is now an unbaptized publisher and hopes to be baptized this year.

He is so awesome you guys. He takes care of me, does almost everything for me. He takes care of my mother and daughter and her three kids. He doesnt work because as he says jokingly he has 3 wives. He can't work now cause arthritis has invaded his body everywhere. He pushes my wheelchair when I need it and he is always by my side. When we watch the grandkids, he does most of it so I can write my letters (not to mention its hard for me to get up and down, up and down.

We are on the same wave length but in different stages of the truth. For two nights in a row we were both waking every couple hours thinking we needed to study more, do more in the ministry, etc.

I truly believe my husband was sent to me from Jehovah. There just couldnt be any other explanation. Thank you Jehovah.

PS - we have been togther ten years now

He is so awesome you guys. He takes care of me, does almost everything for me.

I truly believe my husband was sent to me from Jehovah. There just couldnt be any other explanation. Thank you Jehovah.

PS - we have been togther ten years now

This is really touching and makes me cry.

I wish I would hear this from dear sisters in my congregation even one time in my life before.

"Absolute rubbish”