JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

how did we meet our spouses mr or mrs right,

LOVE TO HEAR AN OLD FASHION LOVE STORY,

MINE STARTED IN THE BACKSEAT OF THE CAR.

Andrews sister and i were friends, we pioneered together and she said to me one day,

my brother is coming up from Narooma to do some city style preaching

and she had to go to A Friends baby shower, couldn't help him out, but could i help out

so i said yea ok, i knew two of her brothers but didnt know she had a third one

so we hungout we

sat in the back seat chatting a bout the surf and where a good place would be to go

to get some waves. so all weekend we hungout, months went by and before you know

the rest is history. :heart: :heart: :crush: gabe

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I met my husband at the Kingdom Hall...I saw him standing in the front row singing, he was real tall and very thin ,sandy brown hair and looked like a member of the band Fleetwood Mac....his hair was long for a brother...he was wearing a light brown wool jacket with leather elbows and dark brown corduroys,I'll never forget....when we met for service afterward the brother put me in his group and I learned he was our new

pioneer,just moved down.After that every single day I was out he put me in his car.Then he started asking me out in service ....so I was with him about 4 days a week.After a year of that he told me we were getting married..haha...he never asked me.We never went on a date.Just got married after knowing each other for a year and a half.Pioneered together for five years.Still managing to stay to together.LOL

I knew Grumpy when we were about 7 & 9. He went to a different KH but I knew his grandmother. My parents didn't like his family, I don't know why, so I never had any association with him until I was a teen.

My father told me to stay away from that cowboy, and being the rebellious one of the family, I asked him to go to a movie with me. 4 months later we got married and I got kicked out of the family. I was never allowed back in until I was needed to help care for my parents.:peace:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Family can be such a pain. From what I can tell, Grumpy has been good for you and to you. To a father, no one is ever good enough for his daughter, pride can be so destructive at times.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

• 2 weeks later...

In the 70s, our circuit was very small in people (maybe 300 or so), very large in size. It covered the entire northern half of Mississippi. Bobby's dad was in charge of the attendants; mine was over the platform. Funny. We were always working at the assembly sites (usually old cattle barns) at least a day before the assembly, but I don't remember ever seeing Bobby. Then at one assembly at the cow barn in Tupelo, Miss., a friend told me that someone wanted to meet me. The whole assembly went by (they were 3-days long then) without our meeting. Then on Sunday, after the final session, in the parking lot we were introduced. He said "hi, I'm Bobby", in his Elvis twang, and walked away! I thought ?????? Two days later I had a letter from him. We talked and wrote, but rarely saw one another outside of assemblies and conventions. I loved him from the moment I saw him...I was 14 years old. Took us almost 30 years to finally marry (long, long, long story!) but he stole my heart in 1972. ♥

In the 70s, our circuit was very small in people (maybe 300 or so), very large in size. It covered the entire northern half of Mississippi. Bobby's dad was in charge of the attendants; mine was over the platform. Funny. We were always working at the assembly sites (usually old cattle barns) at least a day before the assembly, but I don't remember ever seeing Bobby. Then at one assembly at the cow barn in Tupelo, Miss., a friend told me that someone wanted to meet me. The whole assembly went by (they were 3-days long then) without our meeting. Then on Sunday, after the final session, in the parking lot we were introduced. He said "hi, I'm Bobby", in his Elvis twang, and walked away! I thought ?????? Two days later I had a letter from him. We talked and wrote, but rarely saw one another outside of assemblies and conventions. I loved him from the moment I saw him...I was 14 years old. Took us almost 30 years to finally marry (long, long, long story!) but he stole my heart in 1972. ♥

that should be a love song, its so romantic. thanks for the inspiration.:lips::heart: Gabe

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Nowhere. Rather I'm suffering of a broken heart at the moment myself.

All the sisters seem to be perfection seekers and I'm getting more than bitter. And conventions and assemblies are in my case no help in meeting anybody. Pah. :upset::nope:

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

Julius, cheer-up dude! What a grim out look. I know it seems like the end of the world now but the sun will rise again, a bird will chirp, you'll slip on a banana peal and BAM!!! You will fall at the feet of the TRUE woman of your dreams feet. This time it would be for real, because Jehovah heard your prayers, HE made the sun come up again, HE made the bird chirp, HE threw a banana peal on your path and you will fall at the feet of the right sister for you. TRUST, BELIEVE, SEE.

All the sisters seem to be perfection seekers and I'm getting more than bitter. And conventions and assemblies are in my case no help in meeting anybody. Pah. :upset::nope:

Hey Bro I Just read how old you are. So life is no fun at the moment. but you have youth on your side. Someone once told me congratulations for remaining single at the time I was 23 and I watch old romantic movies and the surf movies and yes

I longed for a companion. It really sucked when she said that comment so I will never say it to another person, but I had to look at the bright side. and that is out of 7million or so brothers and sisters that Love Jah you are bound to find that special someone. Think of the posibilities Dude. Til then keep praying, and enjoy your life I just started to tell my children Eclessiastes 12.1. Jehovah will provide. The moment you stop thinking about this subject and make other plans she will tap you on the shoulder and say I'm here, This happened for me. mr right turned up and it felt like I was hit with a sledge hammer. But I said thank you Jehovah too. :praying::thumbsup: Gabe

Hi Julius! I just wanted to offer you some insight. Try to focus on serving Jehovah, happily. Trust me, sisters will notice that and that is the most attractive thing. If you constantly fight depression, please take care of yourself. It's better to wait until you are not so sad so she can get to know you for who you are. Try not to think that someone else can fix your problems, too. I mean, if you are married, you will still have the same difficulties AND have to get along with her!:upsidedown:

Maybe this article can help you? g95 10/22 pg.25 Why is everyone getting married but me?

And don't rush, I was 29 when I got married. And I had never dated anyone before. It wasn't easy and it's still not easy! Hang in there and just keep working on yourself and happily serving Jehovah.

Julius, sometimes even married you feel alone. This life now, is temporary. You will find your exquisite delight in the paradise. But don't give up hope either. My nephew suffered from your condition too. When he got into his 30's he found his soul mate. He felt the same as you, that all the girls were looking for perfection. When I read your first comments, I thought at that time how much you reminded me of him. We love him very much and from a distance I know I feel the same about you.:encourage:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Thank you all for your kind words. Unfortunately my situation is more complicated than needed. I probably need another thread to express my useless sentiments and dead-end reasoning in the Interchange forum. Sorry for hijacking your thread, Sis. Gabe :(

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

Thank you all for your kind words. Unfortunately my situation is more complicated than needed. I probably need another thread to express my useless sentiments and dead-end reasoning in the Interchange forum. Sorry for hijacking your thread, Sis. Gabe :(

NO you haven't Bro. Its good to talk. This is why we have a wonderful organization. you can talk and find help and comfort and great advice. so its fine .May Jah be with you.

Julius, sometimes even married you feel alone. This life now, is temporary. You will find your exquisite delight in the paradise. But don't give up hope either. My nephew suffered from your condition too. When he got into his 30's he found his soul mate. He felt the same as you, that all the girls were looking for perfection. When I read your first comments, I thought at that time how much you reminded me of him. We love him very much and from a distance I know I feel the same about you.:encourage:

Vernalee & Julias ~ I think that marriage is the most wonderful gift from Jehovah. We were't made to be alone however I felt very lonely when I was married. (for 32 years) People ask me now "don't you get lonely" & I say that I do but felt that loniness when I was married. The point is that while you are looking for a mate be sure & look for the right things & the most important is spirituality. I agree with what Loraine said " I just wanted to offer you some insight. Try to focus on serving Jehovah, happily. Trust me, sisters will notice that and that is the most attractive thing." If you are focused on being a better christian & relying on Jehovah it will help you to endure your difficult time now. The sisters will take notice when they see you serving Jehovah because that is what they are looking for. On another note, being in the truth may not cure your depression but it does make life easier to live. I am a great-grandmother & I take a lot interest in the young people and have empathy for them. We have a young brother (29 yrs) in our congregation and you really remind me of him. He has been hurt by a sister that he cared about & has bouts of depression but he never misses a meeting or neglects to comment & is regular in service. Besides that he lives alone & supports himself by working full time. I admire him so much & I am sure that the right sister will come along at the right time for him. I feel the same for you Julius. Just keep praying & serving your God, Jehovah. ~ Sisterly love, Betty:grouphug:

Cheer up my brother. You see these sisters are looking for the perfect brother, but when the perfect brother comes along, guess what? He will be looking for the perfect sister and will keep on looking. Keep on seeking first the Kingdom and all these other things will be added to you.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Dear LoneWander: Your posts make me want to smile and cry at the same time.

Cry, because at one time or another most of us have had those same overwhelming feelings of loneliness. That ache in your heart that goes to your bones. I've had it. I have it now. For 27 years I had that lonely ache because in a moment of immature stupidity I married someone who really didn't love me and definitely didn't love Jehovah. It is terrible to be married and still be lonely. Then I married my beloved Bobby...and for the first time in my life experienced true love and companionship. Deliriously happy! And he died. And now I'm experiencing a loneliness that consumes my soul. I often wonder how half a heart can continue to beat. But it does.

Smile, because you are so YOUNG. You have your entire life ahead of you. Time to find that perfect person, like Bobby was for me. Because at your age most girls still don't know what real love, a real soulmate and partner should be. Hang it there, kiddo. Put a smile on your face. Hold your head up. Serve Jehovah until the person right for you, the person who DESERVES you appears in your life. And it WILL happen...when you least expect it! If you are in a position to expand your service on the RBC, relief work or other areas...do it! (I've always been a sucker for theocratic guys who don't mind sweating for Jehovah!)

Please don't think I'm making light of your feelings. Just trying to give you another perspective....♥

Dear Gabe

I love this post! It generates so many feelings and memories for me. It has taken me awhile to respond because I have been thinking so much about it. I am still unable to sort out my feelings for my husband--and it has been 29 years! Romantic love is certainly a complicated issue for me. When I met my husband I was working as a young nurse in CCU. Our supervisor said that the psych unit was full and a nurse short so one of us would have to be pulled to that unit for the day. I certainly did not want to be the one to go to the psych unit. I sat there in the report room not making eye contact with her hoping she would ask someone else. No such thing. She said "Leslie--it looks like it is your turn! Have a good day!" I picked up my purse and slumped all the way to the new addition of the hospital and went into their report room to get the morning report on my team. The reporting night nurse said "in room 517 is Rick." No other report was given. Usually they tell you the name, age, dx, and what led to their hospitalization, plus any pertinent lab or medical reports. I thought that was an odd report so afterwards i asked about it. Another nurse just laughed and said that Rick is a long time patient that comes in when he needs to detox or is in trouble with his family and everyone really likes him he just is a "bad" alcoholic who can't seem to get sober. Then I made morning rounds on my patients and before I could get to Rick's room I was given admission papers and said the new patient was in 517A. I reasoned I would admit the new male and allow Rick to sleep longer since he had no early meds and I could keep my eye on him should he wake up.

I sat on the foot of the bed of the new patient and was asking him his medical history when there was a sudden and loud crash coming from the ceiling just above the foot of Rick's bed--he was in the B bed next to the window. Both the new patient and I lept to our feet and Rick barely raised up from his pillow and looked at the large hole in the ceiling then turned over and went back to sleep. What brought the ceiling down was a huge pile of empty liqour bottles and beer cans!

I went out of the room and got the charge nurse-she looked at the pile of bottles on the foot of the bed and the ones laying in the floor that were all broken and just shook her head and said call housekeeping to clean it up. Rick would have his visitors sneak him in bottles of booze and then he woulds drink them and stand on the end of his bed and move a ceiling tile over then hide the empty bottle in the ceiling then move the tile back in place. He siad he could not throw the empty bottles away because someone would see them and know he was drinking. He was and still is an unbelivable charmer. He can make anyone believe anything. His doctors were even prey to his charm. His doctor came in to talk to him about this situation and at first Rick said the bottles must have been from a previous patient or maybe someone else was hiding them there. The doctor was skeptical but still believed him. The nurses did not though because after an investigation they found out that some of the hospital personel was bringing him alcohol in addition to his "friends"! He had all the women falling for him---lab techs, x-ray techs, dieticians, housekeepers, physical therapists, nurses, nurses assistants, and enev the other female patients.

After all the dust had settled (literally) I came back to take his afternoon blood pressure and give him his meds. He was napping on the bed and when I put the blood pressure cuff around his arm he had the other arm laying across his forehead. I remember him raising up his arm and peeking at me then a HUGE grin came across his face and the most beautiful smile I ever saw spread from ear to ear. I had NEVER felt anything like it before. WHAM. I was hooked!

We said nothing to each other and I quiclkly left the room. Within 30 minutes he was out of his room and in the day room--he had showered and shaved and was ready to play dominoes at the table with the rest of the patients. I remember the nurses commenting that he never gets up during the day and now here he was all cleaned up and ready to be "invovled".

The next day when I went back to work and went for report on my unit (CCU) the charge nurse came in to say they still needed an extra nurse on the psych unit and she needed to send someone. As she was looking at her list I VOLUNTEERED to go back--stating that I had just been there the day before and was familiar with the patients so it "only made sense" that I should HAVE to be the one to go back. All the other nurses thanked me for going! Unfortunatly I can see NOW where this was going but at the time I even had myself fooled.

That day cemented the feelings that were whirling around inside of me. I never believed in love at first sight--I always thought it was lust at first sight. But I can not explain why after all these years I still feel like that when I look at him---even if I am mad at him i still feel those first satirrings and that makes me more angry at him.

There is more to this story that I will post later. Thanks for rejuvenating those memories.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Thank you Moises. I had alot going on when I met Rick. My mother had just died at the age of 53 from Mesothelomia. I had three small children and just graduated nursing school. My husband had left me and I was SCARED. I married my first husband at the ripe old age of 17 and had never experienced life on my own. I had been sheltered to say the least and raised in a very small town--less than 300. IThen I met this man who with one look made butterflies in my stomach and a buzzing in my ears. I could not even hear myself speak. Rick was discharged from the hospital that evening and I escorted him downstairs to the waiting cab. He leaned into me on the elevator and asked if he could see me again. I said No but I knew it was yes. The next day at work I received a phone call for a Mrs. Clark. I thought it was my bank because no one ever called me Mrs. Clark. When I accepted the phone call the first words were "I have only been gone a few hours and I already miss you." Wow--no one had ever spoke to me like this--not even my husband of 10 years. I hear things now that the friends say---in the new system we will never have a bad choice (meaning perspective partners to pick from). I still wonder if love at first sight is possible. As many hard times as Rick and I have shared I can not see my life without him. My husband at the time found out that I was seeing Rick. His aunt was the nursing supervisor of the hospital where I was employeed. It came through that source I am certain. Anyway, I went to pick my kids up on a Sunday night and the kids father came over and sat on the couch by me. He apologized for not being the husband he should and siad he desperatly wanted to make it work. I told him that was not possible. He then reached under the couch cushion and pulled out a hand gun and stuck it to the side of my head and started telling me he ought to kill me. Just at the time the kids came down the hall and looked into the living room and started screaming and crying. He started shaking and telling me he was sorry could we just make it work. I felt nothing. I got up and grabbed up my children and left. The next day I came home from work and he had moved back in. It was several months before he moved out and realized it was over. I have had many guilty feelings regarding the decisions I made. But alot of the guilt stems from NOT feeling bad about the divorce. Rick just did something to me and my thinking that I can not understand. I felt like I was probably the only woman in Loklahoma that had never slept with Rick and that was why he married me==the last frontier so to speak. But he says that he never married before because he never found the right one. He said when he saw me he knew he was going to marry me.He has been an unbeliveably good father to my children. Much better than their own father. I just can't figure out he can be so loving at times regarding the friends and Jehovah then in a moment he can turn and say the most hateful, hurtful things about them. i believe deep down he knows this is the Truth but can not make the necessary changes to accept it. He will not smoke in front of the friends because he "won't disrespect them that way"--but yet he has no problems making them wait for him while he takes a cigerette break. Go figure. Anyway he treats me with tenderness and respect. He is very loving...

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Thank you Moises. I had alot going on when I met Rick. My mother had just died at the age of 53 from Mesothelomia. I had three small children and just graduated nursing school. My husband had left me and I was SCARED. I married my first husband at the ripe old age of 17 and had never experienced life on my own. I had been sheltered to say the least and raised in a very small town--less than 300. IThen I met this man who with one look made butterflies in my stomach and a buzzing in my ears. I could not even hear myself speak. Rick was discharged from the hospital that evening and I escorted him downstairs to the waiting cab. He leaned into me on the elevator and asked if he could see me again. I said No but I knew it was yes. The next day at work I received a phone call for a Mrs. Clark. I thought it was my bank because no one ever called me Mrs. Clark. When I accepted the phone call the first words were "I have only been gone a few hours and I already miss you." Wow--no one had ever spoke to me like this--not even my husband of 10 years. I hear things now that the friends say---in the new system we will never have a bad choice (meaning perspective partners to pick from). I still wonder if love at first sight is possible. As many hard times as Rick and I have shared I can not see my life without him. My husband at the time found out that I was seeing Rick. His aunt was the nursing supervisor of the hospital where I was employeed. It came through that source I am certain. Anyway, I went to pick my kids up on a Sunday night and the kids father came over and sat on the couch by me. He apologized for not being the husband he should and siad he desperatly wanted to make it work. I told him that was not possible. He then reached under the couch cushion and pulled out a hand gun and stuck it to the side of my head and started telling me he ought to kill me. Just at the time the kids came down the hall and looked into the living room and started screaming and crying. He started shaking and telling me he was sorry could we just make it work. I felt nothing. I got up and grabbed up my children and left. The next day I came home from work and he had moved back in. It was several months before he moved out and realized it was over. I have had many guilty feelings regarding the decisions I made. But alot of the guilt stems from NOT feeling bad about the divorce. Rick just did something to me and my thinking that I can not understand. I felt like I was probably the only woman in Loklahoma that had never slept with Rick and that was why he married me==the last frontier so to speak. But he says that he never married before because he never found the right one. He said when he saw me he knew he was going to marry me.He has been an unbeliveably good father to my children. Much better than their own father. I just can't figure out he can be so loving at times regarding the friends and Jehovah then in a moment he can turn and say the most hateful, hurtful things about them. i believe deep down he knows this is the Truth but can not make the necessary changes to accept it. He will not smoke in front of the friends because he "won't disrespect them that way"--but yet he has no problems making them wait for him while he takes a cigerette break. Go figure. Anyway he treats me with tenderness and respect. He is very loving...

:thumbsup::omg::flowers::grouphug::notworthy:

THAT IS SO COOL AND SWEET Lesile you are awesome.

:thumbsup::omg::flowers::grouphug::notworthy:

THAT IS SO COOL AND SWEET Lesile you are awesome.

OK I can't pass this up. You are saying you think it is sweet that she had an affair with another man and when confronted by her husband about it "felt nothing"????!!!!!

And then ruined that family and married the man she was having the affair with - because - she "loved him at first site" - while still married to someone else. This leading to the tramatizing of her children!!!

Then - he is such a wonderful person because A. He doesn't love Jehovah (he won't commit) or B. because he won't smoke in front of witnesses (but has no problem killing himself slowly)???

Which part was the COOL & SWEET parts - I MUST have missed them :eek:

I understand the :omg: PART - but the rest :S

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....