JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is it wrong?

Do you think its wrong for me not to want a graduation party with a sister at the kingdom hall because she's pregnant?

Ok, to clarify, is someone suggesting you have a graduation party with a sister who is also graduating and she is pregnant?

I think there are three possibilities as to what was meant:

Do you think its wrong for me not to want a graduation party [for] a sister at the kingdom hall because she's pregnant?

Do you think its wrong for me not to want [to go to] a graduation party with a sister at the kingdom hall because she's pregnant?

Do you think its wrong for me not to want a graduation party with a sister at the kingdom hall because she's pre[se]nt?

Do you think its wrong for me not to want a graduation party with a sister at the kingdom hall because she's pregnant?

Ok, to clarify, is someone suggesting you have a graduation party with a sister who is also graduating and she is pregnant?

Yes she is graduating and pregnant. I wanted to have a graduation party before she was pregnant but now I don't want to have one with her anymore.

I would wonder why she's still getting a party.

We were going to have a joint grad party with our son and a young man from another congregation. When that young man got involved in some difficulty, we withdrew our offer for a joint party. If his parents wanted to throw him a party, that was their business. We, however, no longer felt comfortable with having a joint party.

I think there are three possibilities as to what was meant:

Do you think its wrong for me not to want a graduation party [for] a sister at the kingdom hall because she's pregnant?

Do you think its wrong for me not to want [to go to] a graduation party with a sister at the kingdom hall because she's pregnant?

Do you think its wrong for me not to want a graduation party with a sister at the kingdom hall because she's pre[se]nt?

Kinda don't wanna have a graduation pary with her cause shes pregnant.

We were going to have a joint grad party with our son and a young man from another congregation. When that young man got involved in some difficulty, we withdrew our offer for a joint party. If his parents wanted to throw him a party, that was their business. We, however, no longer felt comfortable with having a joint party.

I told my little brother that she didn't derserve a party and that I wanted to have a party with someone spiritual. He told me I was being selfish and she made one little mistake. But there is conquences to a mistake.

You really should stop those "joint" parties Shawn, the second-hand smoke is bad for you! :lol2:

But there is conquences to a mistake.

Well, if she's pregnant, she's either disfellowshipped, not a Witness, or reproved. Obviously we wouldn't throw a party for a worldly or DF'ed person. I personally don't think it's a good idea to throw a party for a recently reproved person. You should talk to your elders about this.

I told my little brother that she didn't derserve a party and that I wanted to have a party with someone spiritual. He told me I was being selfish and she made one little mistake. But there is conquences to a mistake.

Well I can understand why you don't want to share a graduation party with her, and it is your choice. Be careful though with comments like "there are consequences to a mistake". If the elders did not df her and only reproved her, then she has been forgiven by Jehovah. We too need to forgive. I am not saying you have to have a party with her, but if she is not df'd, then she has been forgiven,

As someone who has experienced getting pregnant and being reproved, I am very thankful to the wonderful friends in the congregation who supported me and were there for me. I may not be where I am today if friends and family had not forgiven me.

She may be pregnant, but that does not mean she is not spiritual. I don't know her or the details, but I can honestly say, she needs all the love and help she can get right now.

But there is conquences to a mistake.

Well, if she's pregnant, she's either disfellowshipped, not a Witness, or reproved. Obviously we wouldn't throw a party for a worldly or DF'ed person. I personally don't think it's a good idea to throw a party for a recently reproved person. You should talk to your elders about this.

I'm not throwing a party with her. I told my family and they respect my decision. My brother told me yesterday that her family might not give her a party.

Is she in good standing in the congregation?

Yes Taneisha, we really need a little more info. Was she reproved recently, or disfellowhipped and reinstated recently? You said a sister, so she is baptized right? More details please... :)

She has been recently reproved and before that she had no spiritual goals and was doing things she shouldn't be doing such as running for homecoming queen.

Well I can understand why you don't want to share a graduation party with her, and it is your choice. Be careful though with comments like "there are consequences to a mistake". If the elders did not df her and only reproved her, then she has been forgiven by Jehovah. We too need to forgive. I am not saying you have to have a party with her, but if she is not df'd, then she has been forgiven,

As someone who has experienced getting pregnant and being reproved, I am very thankful to the wonderful friends in the congregation who supported me and were there for me. I may not be where I am today if friends and family had not forgiven me.

She may be pregnant, but that does not mean she is not spiritual. I don't know her or the details, but I can honestly say, she needs all the love and help she can get right now.

I understand what you're saying but I know her and she's has been around bad association for so long she became bad association herself. Thats what I meant when I said that comment.

I understand what you're saying but I know her and she's has been around bad association for so long she became bad association herself. Thats what I meant when I said that comment.

Many in the congregation were once "bad association". Even Paul was once a terrible person.

People can change, and if she is still attending meetings and the elders felt she was repentant enough to reprove her, then maybe she deserves another chance.

Many in the congregation were once "bad association". Even Paul was once a terrible person.

People can change, and if she is still attending meetings and the elders felt she was repentant enough to reprove her, then maybe she deserves another chance.

I never said I wasn't giving her a chance. Shes my friend and I still love her to death. I never said I was angry or unforgiving.

No one should have to have a party, share a party, go to a party they don't wish to partake in. What you should probably be careful is not to add to this sister's grief by stating your reasons for your absence or your withdraw. By telling her your reasons for why you don't wish to partake in the party might be construed as further punishment by you personally, emotionally cruel and unnecessary. Be kind to your spiritually week sister. Be gentle with her in her time of need. Do not engage in the bad habit of judging others. Just be mindful of protecting your own personal relationship with Jehovah and let nothing and no one brake your pattern of fine service to Him.