JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Google notebook

ok so i have been using my notebook for the zoom meeting 

the notebook is about 3 years old 

the problem is zoom keep freezing up on me no can hear me or i cant hear them 

i checked my internet speed 88.5 to 104.3 mbps 

there and error message that comes up but it go's by to fast

some thing about my CPU and the internet, is there a way i can look at what those errors was 

dose the notebook keep track of errors and where do i fine them 

anyone hear using notebook, im thinking because its 3 years old of just getting a new laptop may solve the problem

what do you think 

I suggest going to zoom.us and look up the minimum system requirements for your device. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

By "Google" notebook I take it is a chromebook, so more like an android tablet than like a windows notebook. The best would be to change to a windows laptop

But you can try this suggestions:

Make sure you don't have anything more running besides the zoom app

Turn off all updates

Guarantee that nothing more is using the internet

If possible connect your notebook to the internet rooter by cable instead of using wifi

Hope this helps :wink:

Without knowing the brand, model and name of the device, it's much harder to know what you're referring to. However, even a 3 year old Chromebook should be able to handle Zoom perfectly fine.

Are you using the Chrome Store App version of Zoom or are you just signing in with the Web Browser version? This can make a big difference. https://blog.zoom.us/how-to-use-zoom-on-a-chromebook/

More often than not, if it's not smooth, it's an internet connection issue. Zoom can run smoothly on most any device made in the past 5 years given the right setup.

1 signing in with the Web Browser version

possible connect your notebook to the internet rooter by cable instead of using wifi No

Turn off all updates they are off

ok this is the one i have 

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-chromebook---11-v010nr-(energy-star)

• IntelÂź CeleronÂź processor

this zoom 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-requirements-for-Windows-macOS-and-Linux#h_66cb65e7-a02d-47d5-a067-a85f3d184c6b

for the CPU Minimum  Single Core 1Ghz or Higher  Recommended Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)

i do get CPU error's 

17 hours ago, Myew said:

Without knowing the brand, model and name of the device, it's much harder to know what you're referring to. However, even a 3 year old Chromebook should be able to handle Zoom perfectly fine.

Are you using the Chrome Store App version of Zoom or are you just signing in with the Web Browser version? This can make a big difference. https://blog.zoom.us/how-to-use-zoom-on-a-chromebook/

More often than not, if it's not smooth, it's an internet connection issue. Zoom can run smoothly on most any device made in the past 5 years given the right setup.

Probably in theory but I've seen PC's (less than an i3 cpu) that needed to close everything first before starting zoom, and it still had an occasional lag

15 hours ago, bobby said:

1 signing in with the Web Browser version

possible connect your notebook to the internet rooter by cable instead of using wifi No

Turn off all updates they are off

Like Alex said, install the proper Zoom app. The web version is more limited and just for an emergency :)

15 hours ago, bobby said:

ok this is the one i have 

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-chromebook---11-v010nr-(energy-star)

• IntelÂź CeleronÂź processor

The cpu is a low end, so it won't execute zoom smoothly in a normal environment

So, try the suggestions I gave you  plus using the zoom app and tell us if it gets better