JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Isilo anyone?

Hello my dear brothers,

I am serving where the need is great in the Dominican Republic. Here in the small towns of the DR the friends are poor but most have smartphones & limited access to the internet. Therefore the smaller size of isilo files is desirable. I know how to create isilo workbook files BUT do not know how to create a menu to choose a month from the total collection. We use JW library but space is the issue, so for past years it would be nice to have smaller files.

if anyone could assist in providing and/or teaching me how this is done how joyful I would be. Will share any files created!

Ted Federico Price

Sabana Iglesia 

Dominican Republic 

Edited by trottigy

Hi Federico! Welcome to the forums! :welcome:

It's been many years since I last used iSilo, I'm afraid I can't help you. But maybe you can find the info you are looking for in this tutorial in Spanish, created by a brother:

https://www.yumpu.com/es/document/read/13490474/tutorial-creando-archivos-de-isilo-con-enlaces

• 3 years later...

Anyone still using Isilo.

I still do on my tablet as i love the concordance and quick searchable access to the Works of Joseph's. But, it no longer works on new smartphones as the software and processors are not compatible. 

I am wondering... Is there any other software that can read the files?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• trottigy changed the title to Isilo anyone?

I think Isilo is still available for Android and possibly Apple IOS.  It was originally written to be used by the PalmOS devices.  Many brothers have Isilo to read PDB files that include most of the information found in the equivalent WTL library that is used on Windows.

I think the Watchtower organization asked the developers to quit translating the WTL files into PDB in 2013.  So most of my files are that date or earlier.  It was small, concise and had a reasonable menu format to use on Android devices.

I just downloaded a copy of Isilo for Windows 10.  I found my stored PDB files from 2013 and the app opened them very well.  There seems to be an Ipad version but I am not sure how you get the PDB files into the Ipad.  I normally used the program on my Android devices.  I only have one Android device left and I am charging it now.

Yeh, it still works fine on a PC. It just wont even install (or sideload) on to my latest android phone. The error message says that the app is not compatible with the new processor (Pixel 8 Pro). It did work on a Pixel 6.

EDIT:This is what made me wonder if there is any other app that was found that can read those files.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

22 hours ago, jwhess said:

I wish I knew some of the brothers who used to do the conversion work on Isilo.  Maybe they could share a couple of newer publications with me privately.

Same here.

Soon .....