JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Why we came to Bethel - Languages/Lyrics

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1292 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Did some detective work :detective:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODOriginalSongs/pub-jwb_201702_8_VIDEO is the actual music video

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/children/become-jehovahs-friend/activities/bethel-house-of-god-sheet-music/ has the music sheet and lyrics for the part where kids are singing the first verse until ~0:36

https://www.jw.org/es/enseñanzas-bíblicas/niños/hazte-amigo-de-jehová/actividades/partitura-vamos-a-betel/ for the chorus in Spanish 0:37~0:58

https://www.jw.org/tl/turo-ng-bibliya/pambata/maging-kaibigan-ni-jehova/activity/bethel-bahay-ng-diyos-music-sheet/ for the second verse in Tagalog (the pictures give some hints as to where we are, the Spanish part sung at the Ecuador branch, for this verse at the Philippine branch) 1:08~1:28

1:34~1:54 chorus for the second time we go to Mill Hill in Northern London (the old location for the British Branch) for some lov'ly British accents.

1:58~2:11 chorus for the third time in Tagalog except for

2:12~2:17 where it cuts to last line of the chorus in English

2:18~2:22 last line of the chorus in Spanish

2:23~2:27 last line of the chorus in Tagalog

Now this is gonna play in my head for the rest of the day and probably tomorrow too...

🎵 To serve Jehovah is the best work there is

Maglingkod kay Jehova'y napakasaya

No hay nada igual que trabajar para Jehová

:dance::lol:

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

Excellent detective work, Julius!

I was looking at this too. I thought part of it must be in Tagalog, but even though I know a few words of that dialect I couldn't identify it for certain. Then your quote above (Maglingkod kay Jehova'y napakasaya) confirmed it for me!

By the way, this video is not to be confused with another video of the same title. Some of the same children seem to be in both of them though.

14 minutes ago, Sheep said:

By the way, this video is not to be confused with another video of the same title. Some of the same children seem to be in both of them though.

This video with the same name you referred to seems to have been part of the monthly JW Broadcasting episode for April 2016 (jwbrd.201604-1.v) where as the actual song in three languages was released in February 2017 (jwb.201702-8.v). If you listen throughout the video, you can already hear the tune of the song released later which means it probably was already in the works. And the kid saying "Thank you Jehovah for Bethel" has been swapped toward another kid who at the end of the song says "Thank you, Jehovah". At first I thought it was the same kid as they sounded the same to me, but now looking at the video, two different kids were used. 

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

On 10/25/2020 at 6:59 PM, LoneWanderer said:

Did some detective work :detective:

An excellent and wonderful work!! Thanks a lot!

On 10/25/2020 at 6:59 PM, LoneWanderer said:

Now this is gonna play in my head for the rest of the day and probably tomorrow too...

🎵 To serve Jehovah is the best work there is

Maglingkod kay Jehova'y napakasaya

No hay nada igual que trabajar para Jehová

:dance::lol:

It's one of my favorite songs, and now I can sing it properly, in the three languages!! (I should study Tagalog first too... maybe it's a sign of an open door...)

On 10/28/2020 at 8:14 AM, Paolo Sevilla said:

I can say that this is the cutest song in our music library. The three-language mashup is really harmonious, not awkward to the ears. And the kids are really endearing. ❤️

I used to think so, together with the 'Timeline of Jesus Life' but today's release of Love is the Key may have just bumped this one off first place.