JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Construct a Sentence with the last word of the previous sentence.

Nelly Kim

Tasty is one of those words that drops the "e" before adding the "y"

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

OK - I give up.

Post #2630 was not there when I posted my sentence. It wasn't there a few minutes later when I looked again. It is there now and was placed before the post I made. I can't figure out how to properly play this game if the forum is going to swap posts positions after posts are visible. How are we to know if we really are using the right word?

I guess, since it is now too late to edit my last post that was made before the one above mine appeared and is now after the post above it ... I will try a new sentence and just hope it doesn't get bumped down into a "wrong" position .... again!

2 hours ago, Dove said:

TASTY is a food network on YouTube

YouTube is technically misspelled since it includes a capital "T".

12 minutes ago, Qapla said:

OK - I give up.

Post #2630 was not there when I posted my sentence. It wasn't there a few minutes later when I looked again. It is there now and was placed before the post I made. I can't figure out how to properly play this game if the forum is going to swap posts positions after posts are visible. How are we to know if we really are using the right word?

I guess, since it is now too late to edit my last post that was made before the one above mine appeared and is now after the post above it ... I will try a new sentence and just hope it doesn't get bumped down into a "wrong" position .... again!

I'm sorry..I don't know how that happened. I didn't see your post until I opened my mail and it was there saying 'Posted Just Now', same as mine. I waited to see how you wanted to handle it before posting again. It really doesn't matter to me at all so if you think your post was first I can reply to that. But now I see that you've posted using my last word..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

How are we to know if we really are using the right word?

I copy my post and reload the page before I submit it, and if there is nothing new I will paste my contents and hit submit. I do this especially if I can see at the bottom that other people are viewing/recently viewing this topic.

You both posted at 11:07 and apparently Sandra beat you to the punch. It could have literally been a split second. Maybe you posted at the same time, but hers submission is the one that connected and transmitted to the server first or the fastest. There's several factors involved that have nothing to do with the forum software.

5 hours ago, Brother_Bliss said:

Sea creatures can be ugly but tasty

4 hours ago, Dove said:

TASTY is a food network on YouTube

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

T is for Taco

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Chiweenies are a cross between a Chihuahua and a dachshund so, as Elvis sang, "They ain't nothin' but a hound dog"

20 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Chiweenies are a cross between a Chihuahua and a dachshund so, as Elvis sang, "They ain't nothin' but a hound dog"

Why did my last post change to 2626  after your 2637?

Even this one is stuck on 2626

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

I can't answer that question. Your post about dog days is #2638 and then your next post is #2639 on my PC

However, as to the sentence game:

Over is the opposite of under

4 hours ago, Dove said:

Why did my last post change to 2626  after your 2637?

Even this one is stuck on 2626

Reload the page. When you first submit a post, it will adopt the number of the first post at the top of whatever page you are viewing. When you reload the page, it will force a recount.

55 minutes ago, Qapla said:

I can't answer that question. Your post about dog days is #2638 and then your next post is #2639 on my PC

The "Post Numbers" is a 3rd party add-on script and not part of the core software. I hate it, but every time I try to get rid of it the community members beg to have it back.

I am about to post what will be #2650 for me. But I see ALL posts. Since you can't see Hidden posts, this post will not be #2650 for you, but will be a lower number. Whenever someone refers to a post # the Staff has no idea what post you are talking about, because the # of posts in a thread are differnt for us than they are for you

EDIT: When I submitted this, it was labeled #2626 like the first post at the top of the page. Then when I reloaded the page, it changed to #2650. 

Back to the game....

49 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Day-O is a song that was made famous by Harry Belafonte

43 minutes ago, Ludwika said:

Belafonte wasn't really someone I listened to.

40 minutes ago, Michelle112 said:

To respond to  @Qapla, I had such a good comeback for a sentence, starting with Belafonte. 😃

Belafonte is also the name of a brewing company.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!