JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

13-year-old boy stuck in tree for three hours

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4404 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

13-year-old Elyria boy climbs tree, firefighters called to rescue him

ELYRIA, Ohio - A 13-year-old Elyria boy was stuck in a tree for hours Monday night.

The Elyria Fire Department was called to the 900 block of East Avenue in Elyria just before 7 p.m.

Elyria Assistant Fire Chief Ron Brlas said the teen climbed about 30 feet up the tree before realizing he couldn’t get down. The boy tried yelling for help, however, no one could hear him since most homes had doors and windows closed because of the cold weather, Brlas said.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/oh_lorain/13-year-old-elyria-boy-climbs-tree-firefighters-called-to-rescue-him#ixzz1qHV15PtT

13-year-old Elyria boy climbs tree, firefighters called to rescue him

ELYRIA, Ohio - A 13-year-old Elyria boy was stuck in a tree for hours Monday night.

The Elyria Fire Department was called to the 900 block of East Avenue in Elyria just before 7 p.m.

Elyria Assistant Fire Chief Ron Brlas said the teen climbed about 30 feet up the tree before realizing he couldn’t get down. The boy tried yelling for help, however, no one could hear him since most homes had doors and windows closed because of the cold weather, Brlas said.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/oh_lorain/13-year-old-elyria-boy-climbs-tree-firefighters-called-to-rescue-him#ixzz1qHV15PtT

Wait... What 13 yr old kid can't get out of a tree??? I mean, seriously!!! I remember climbing tall trees when I was younger than that!!! If I couldn't get down, I would climb as low as I can and JUMP!!! Wow............

When I was younger, and still climbed trees (I was 14), there was one I went up, and I kept reaching for the top, up, up and up. When I got to as far as I could go, and I looked back down...the way back didn't seem so easy as the way up. For the first time, I became afraid, but I rationalized it to myself that if I had gotten myself half way up this tree, I should be able to get myself down. I had to shimmy down the tree, my hands were torn from clutching the tree hard, and I almost fell a few times. I then ended up having to jump the rest of the way, because I had no strength left and there were no branches to step onto. It was the last tree I ever climbed actually. So, I think it's best he stayed and waited, otherwise he might have gotten fearful and fell and really hurt himself. Wow, just look at the picture of where he was in the tree too!

90239=5070-TMCNEWSNET-014-L_201203262217

Wait... What 13 yr old kid can't get out of a tree??? I mean, seriously!!! I remember climbing tall trees when I was younger than that!!! If I couldn't get down, I would climb as low as I can and JUMP!!! Wow............

:lol2: When I was 20, I climbed up and down a tree probably three times higher than that 30 feet (very tall tree) to "save" my girlfriend's cat, which had been stuck up the tree for days (it took a while to figure out where the meowing was coming from). The fire department wouldn't come to save a mere feline... :)

Edit: Oh yeah, I didn't mention that the cat was in my shirt on the way down, claws and all... Not a well thought-out plan, but we survived somehow.

:sweat:One day years ago when my 3 yard apes were preschool, they were all playing in the apple orchard and having fun. Soon I heard a distressed voice calling for Mom. He said he could not get down so I went looking for him but could not find him. I told him to keep calling so I could follow his voice. Finally I found him in the far top of the tree--UPSIDE DOWN hanging by one foot that was wedged in a fork of a branch. Needless to say I had to climb the tree to rescue my little "monkey":sweat:

:sweat:One day years ago when my 3 yard apes were preschool, they were all playing in the apple orchard and having fun. Soon I heard a distressed voice calling for Mom. He said he could not get down so I went looking for him but could not find him. I told him to keep calling so I could follow his voice. Finally I found him in the far top of the tree--UPSIDE DOWN hanging by one foot that was wedged in a fork of a branch. Needless to say I had to climb the tree to rescue my little "monkey":sweat:

Wow, hanging upside-down by one foot! No tree can keep Mom from her monkey! :taz::P

Once, when I was little, maybe about 5 years-old, I climbed about 20 feet and fell to the ground flat on my back. Fortunately I only got the wind knocked out of me. It could have been much worse... :upsidedown:

I laughed so hard when I read yard apes myself. I used to call my son Cinderella, and his step-sisters (also my biological daughters), the ugly step sisters. He was always so good with, and to them, but they were horrid to him at times.

Nowadays though, I've taken to calling them Paris and Nicole.....

But I digress, "UPSIDE DOWN hanging by one foot that was wedged in a fork of a branch" OUCH and scary!!!!