JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Can't download on JWLibrary

Afternoon all,

So I've tried to breathe life back into my tablet (trying to save pennies and not have to buy a new one), and reset back to factory settings. Downloaded JWLibrary again, but there's barely any publications to download. No magazines, a handful of videos and tracts and the various bibles...that's about it.

Any ideas how I can get all the publications etc to be on the menu so I can download them? 

Thanks in advance!!

Ensure that you have the latest version of JWL installed. If it's an older tablet with an older operating system, it may not be able to update the JWL app and you may not be able to get the publications. 

If you have the latest version of JWL, then leave the app open for awhile. It takes a long time to catch up sometimes.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Ensure that you have the latest version of JWL installed. If it's an older tablet with an older operating system, it may not be able to update the JWL app and you may not be able to get the publications. 

If you have the latest version of JWL, then leave the app open for awhile. It takes a long time to catch up sometimes.

Settings on JWLibrary says its version 12.2.1 which is the same as my phone. It is an older tablet, but I used to have everything on there before the reset with no issues. 

But thanks, will try that 😊

Some friends have been successful in waking things up by downloading a publication, then deleting it and downloading it again.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

39 minutes ago, moosic said:

Downloaded JWLibrary again, but there's barely any publications to download. No magazines, a handful of videos and tracts and the various bibles...that's about it.

I've noticed that when you install JW Library the very first time on a device, sometimes there are no list of publications to download. Usually it fixes by itself after some time for me.

Deleting a common publication (like the "Teach Us" book) and then reloading it has worked for me in the past like Br. Richard said.  You might try clicking on the "refresh" icon on the upper right corner when you are in the Home page.  You might try going to the "publications" button and browse around the publications listed and see if any have a "pending" option on the top line.

Or as Br. Minwoo says, just let it lay around for a couple of hours and see if it gets connected again (the tablet has to be on).

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2020 at 2:41 AM, Littlecat said:

I’ve been waiting for meeting workbooks and magazines to appear for two days on my Samsung tablet after putting the jw library app on it . I only have a few publications that came up but I do have the new study Bible .

I hope the rest of the publications are appeared!

1 hour ago, Littlecat said:

Yes after several days they did . Maybe it’s my old tablet. 

Old and slow..I know the feeling..🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Brothers,  

I have an issue with my Windows JW Library app. JW Library App doesn't play any videos; neither the downloaded ones nor the ones I try to stream. I recently started having this issue. The app opens up normally and everything loads fine but when I try to play a video of any sort the video player opens for a second, displaying the art cover and closes on its own. I started having this problem from Jan 3rd, 2020 . Everything worked fine until then.

Solutions I have tried :-

I tried restarting my system and also tried reinstalling the app. This hasn't helped at all. I tried creating a different user and installed the app there but landed at the same problem. I really need this to work as I use this everyday. It looks like a problem from Window's side. I made no major changes to my system. Any help will be appreciated! I'm also running the latest version of Windows. I really need this to work especially since the Zoom A/V team is short of members.

Edited by Akhil Jerald

14 hours ago, Akhil Jerald said:

Dear Brothers,  

I have an issue with my Windows JW Library app. JW Library App doesn't play any videos; neither the downloaded ones nor the ones I try to stream. I recently started having this issue. The app opens up normally and everything loads fine but when I try to play a video of any sort the video player opens for a second, displaying the art cover and closes on its own. I started having this problem from Jan 3rd, 2020 . Everything worked fine until then.

Solutions I have tried :-

I tried restarting my system and also tried reinstalling the app. This hasn't helped at all. I tried creating a different user and installed the app there but landed at the same problem. I really need this to work as I use this everyday. It looks like a problem from Window's side. I made no major changes to my system. Any help will be appreciated! I'm also running the latest version of Windows. I really need this to work especially since the Zoom A/V team is short of members.

I haven't had this problem yet. But one question:
Are the videos in the ---> 😄 \ Users \ "Your PC \ Videos \ JWLibrary folder?
Can you start them from there with another video player?

21 hours ago, Akhil Jerald said:

I tried restarting my system and also tried reinstalling the app. 

If you are on Android, BEFORE uninstalling the app, go to the phone settings and then the JW Library app clear cache and clear data. Then uninstall and install.

IOS may have something similar.