JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Online Library (WOL)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 927 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Romain said:

You can choose where you want the research to show you the results. In the Bible or in the Watchtower only... There is no need to scroll for hours haha

Like Br. Carlos, I find the wordiness of WOL makes less choices or selections available on each page, which requires the scrolling.  Fewer results are shown on each page. 

WTL - Anakim (top picture)  and WOL - Anakim (bottom picture)

anak2.JPG

anak1.JPG

Edited by jwhess

Like Br. Carlos, I find the wordiness of WOL makes less choices or selections available on each page, which requires the scrolling.  Fewer results are shown on each page. 

anak2.JPG.ff9220a312b5fd35e0a6e77ef6c13089.JPG

anak1.JPG.593ec48d3967e4dce1321cbd2781f75b.JPG

When I do the search in WOL, the Index references pops up as the second and third result. Insight is first. Then follows the free text results.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, jwhess said:

anak2.JPG

anak1.JPG

Screenshot_2020-12-03-22-49-08-496_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.3359a6fe135bd494db109de38bcf7673.jpg

I have the same results as yours here by selecting « indexes » only.

But as long as we find what we are looking for, no matter the website or the software, everything is ok haha 😄

• 9 months later...
7 hours ago, leoperales said:

Can you elaborate on this? Can we use this in a note I create in JW Library?

You can simply click or touch over the paragraph you want to copy in WOL. It will give you several icons. One of them is the option to copy.

If you click on the icon it will automatically copy the content of that paragraph, (if the Bible verse was selected, then the verse only.) And also the headings of that paragraph, and a share link to that publication. You can paste that anywhere else. Such as on a messenger apps, on this forum, or your notes on JW Library.

This option is better than manually dragging and copying the paragraph yourself, since it automatically creates the link to the publication too. And also, it will remove unnecessary formatting such as reference symbols, which means it will be easier to read.

Can you elaborate on this? Can we use this in a note I create in JW Library?

You can use this to link to paragraphs when you message someone or mail someone. While you can save a link in a note in JW Library, it will most likely not be clickable.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”