JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Letter writing to our Brothers in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1154 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Hi all

I have written along with several brothers from other congregations letters to our imprisoned faithful ones in Russia.

It seems to be nigh on impossible to convince my own brothers and sisters in my congregation about the excellent resource provided by our organisation jw-russia.org. 

This fabulously meticulous site is crucial for cataloguing the continuous persecution of our friends in Russia. 

I show my brothers and sisters proof positive from the many references in Jw.org that point to jw-russia.org as the source for news and videos etc that it is indeed our own precious resource and I am met with silence. 

I even have personal email responses from jw-russia.org and an excellent pdf which explains how to write and use the fsin system.

Comments and contributions welcome ❤

I have only recently started writing I have an elder friend in Harrogate who has had a right job convincing his fellows there that it's our site!

There are 3 there who are now writing. 

My friend is a solicitor and does some work for bethel so I was pleased to get him on board.

I had to send all my email proofs to convince them.

I can't convince my own elders they kind of avoid me.

I'm working on them though.

Jehovah will bless I am sure.😁

This is a reply to both califlorican & Anniebea

Not sure how to reply to individuals here.🤔

I have only recently started writing I have an elder friend in Harrogate who has had a right job convincing his fellows there that it's our site!

There are 3 there who are now writing. 

My friend is a solicitor and does some work for bethel so I was pleased to get him on board.

I had to send all my email proofs to convince them.

I can't convince my own elders they kind of avoid me.

I'm working on them though.

Jehovah will bless I am sure.😁

On 12/17/2020 at 8:36 PM, Proclaimer said:

Hi all

I have written along with several brothers from other congregations letters to our imprisoned faithful ones in Russia.

It seems to be nigh on impossible to convince my own brothers and sisters in my congregation about the excellent resource provided by our organisation jw-russia.org. 

This fabulously meticulous site is crucial for cataloguing the continuous persecution of our friends in Russia. 

I show my brothers and sisters proof positive from the many references in Jw.org that point to jw-russia.org as the source for news and videos etc that it is indeed our own precious resource and I am met with silence. 

I even have personal email responses from jw-russia.org and an excellent pdf which explains how to write and use the fsin system.

Comments and contributions welcome ❤

We have been doing this , my daughter is translating and emailing them along with pictures from the children , I have read the write up and have a lovely sister called Alevtina to contact .

To post a link you can use two methods

The first is to simply copy/paste the link into the editor

The other is to click on the "link" icon

image.png.a4d27412e33b0cbcc415b8ccd7be2dbf.png

That will open the link dialog box

image.png.1e931d7c407743548d16ee2ebd295e6c.png

Follow the instruction in the box

image.png.3777e58427ab27f0ce1e840bd27dc087.png

image.thumb.png.4d28db64516ab901686c26a4042309aa.png

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I guess I should have also explained - to add a link to a picture, like above

• Paste the picture into the comment
  • highlight the picture
  • click the "link" option to open the link dialog box
  • paste the link in the address box
  • DO NOT put anything in the other box (leave it blank)
  • click "Insert" to complete the task

That will associate the link with the picture

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

It’s good that you want to write the brothers but you have to respect that that may not be the desire of every publisher in your congregation. It’s their right to choose.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Hi 

Thanks guys.

To Mathew.

Yes I have a pdf how to produced by our kind European family in the truth.

I am still struggling how to get the pdf off my android phone onto this platform,as soon as I figure it out I will post it. 

To Bro Jack

My post is about fellow brothers not accepting jw-russia.org as our own.

Its not about forcing anyone  to write. 

I see scriptures here like working against ourselves is the last thing we need to be doing. 

I am actually treat like a weak brother because I keep referring to jw-russia.org in my answers etc.🤔🤔🤔🤔

On 12/17/2020 at 3:36 PM, Proclaimer said:

I even have personal email responses from jw-russia.org

I too received a letter from a brother in Russia.   It took a couple of weeks but a friend of a friend of a friend (JW's)... was able to translate for me.

I was told one of our elders called the branch and it was suggested because of all the stuff going on that I not write to them now, that the website is mostly for media. (I don't understand all of this but it is a legit website of ours and I will obey my instructions)  

Edited by Bamahrt