JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Insightful sayings from our brothers and sisters

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1210 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 12/30/2020 at 3:43 PM, Dove said:

This took me back to grade school. Our teacher was getting a package together to send to kids that were not as fortunate and wanted to teach us a moral lesson I guess. We had to bring something from home of our own personal things. I always remember the stipulation she put on it; she said it had to be something we wanted, something we didn't want to give away. It couldn't be something we didn't care about and wouldn't miss. Only then was it true giving. I don't remember what I brought a whole lifetime ago, maybe my crayons or my favorite barrette. I just hope whoever got it wanted it as much as I did because I was poor too. 😃

It's not always true of course, there are many ways of giving. But the thought of the sacrifice always stayed with me..

This reminded me:

I gave you $10

He gave you $20

You thought he was better just because he gave you more.

But he had $200

All I had was $10

I gave you as much as I possibly could.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

This reminded me:

I gave you $10

He gave you $20

You thought he was better just because he gave you more.

But he had $200

All I had was $10

I gave you as much as I possibly could.

Yes, the lesson of the widow's mite..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..