JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Insightful sayings from our brothers and sisters

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1182 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We all hear a saying about our spiritual life that we want to jot down and keep in mind.

I heard one today and had to grab a pencil and I wondered if anyone has any they could share ?

Today whilst considering the days text a sister from New York said " Never put a question mark where Jehovah puts a period " I loved it and down it went in my note book of insightful sayings .

"Stand for something or you will fall for anything."

"A year from now you will wish you had started today."

"When life gets too hard to stand, kneel."

"Don't give up what you want most for what you want now."

"Don't look back. You're not going that way."

"It's not too late to live happily ever after."

"The happiest people don't have everything they want. They make the most out of what they already have."

"H.O.P.E. Hold On, Pain Ends."

"Do something today that your future self will thank you for."

"Do not give up. You are closer than you think."

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up."

"If you can count the number of times you have prayed today, then you haven't prayed enough."

"The reasons some brothers and sisters give for not being at the meetings are the very reasons they should be there."

"We need to be at the meetings to "incite to love and fine works." (Hebrews 10:24) But how can you incite if you're not in sight?"

16 hours ago, Sheep said:

"Stand for something or you will fall for anything."

"A year from now you will wish you had started today."

"When life gets too hard to stand, kneel."

"Don't give up what you want most for what you want now."

"Don't look back. You're not going that way."

"It's not too late to live happily ever after."

"The happiest people don't have everything they want. They make the most out of what they already have."

"H.O.P.E. Hold On, Pain Ends."

"Do something today that your future self will thank you for."

"Do not give up. You are closer than you think."

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up."

"If you can count the number of times you have prayed today, then you haven't prayed enough."

"The reasons some brothers and sisters give for not being at the meetings are the very reasons they should be there."

"We need to be at the meetings to "incite to love and fine works." (Hebrews 10:24) But how can you incite if you're not in sight?"

I love these so much , Im sharing these with my congregation 

Sister Maria,   here is another one for thought:  "  It's not the degree of education, it is the degree of faith that one puts in Jehovah that will make you successful."

Here is another one:  Man says, "Show me and I will trust you"---Jehovah says, "TRUST ME AND I WILL SHOW YOU."

"Let the Mind of your Master be the Master of your mind."

Edited by A fellow servant

6 hours ago, A fellow servant said:

Sister Maria,   here is another one for thought:  "  It's not the degree of education, it is the degree of faith that one puts in Jehovah that will make you successful."

Here is another one:  Man says, "Show me and I will trust you"---Jehovah says, "TRUST ME AND I WILL SHOW YOU."

love those , especially the "trust me and I will show you "

On 12/23/2020 at 8:03 PM, A fellow servant said:

Real gems, those. I added them to the Favourite Quotes section of my profile!

1386203443_Thankyou.gif.18ba7cb0e51a7285b326f15bd8be7b92.gif

Thought of a few more:    "We cannot ask Jehovah to guide our footsteps if we are not willing to move our feet."

"No disappointment is too great for Jehovah to heal, to resolve, or even turn into a blessing."  from Imitate Their Faith  pg. 75  par. 27

"It is not our position but our disposition that make us happy."

"What we are governed by determines who we are!

Are you governed by feelings, passion or godly principles?"

12 hours ago, Sheep said:

Real gems, those. I added them to the Favourite Quotes section of my profile!

1386203443_Thankyou.gif.18ba7cb0e51a7285b326f15bd8be7b92.gif

Oh im going to do that 

50 minutes ago, A fellow servant said:

Thought of a few more:    "We cannot ask Jehovah to guide our footsteps if we are not willing to move our feet."

"No disappointment is too great for Jehovah to heal, to resolve, or even turn into a blessing."  from Imitate Their Faith  pg. 75  par. 27

"It is not our position but our disposition that make us happy."

"What we are governed by determines who we are!

Are you governed by feelings, passion or godly principles?"

wonderful

Watch your words... they become your thoughts. 

Watch your thoughts... they become your feelings. 

Watch your feelings... they become your actions. 

Watch your actions... they become your lifestyle. 

Watch your lifestyle... it determines your outcome. (Originally stated as “it controls your destiny”)

Edited by Jack1979

3 hours ago, *Jack* said:

“If it’s not a sacrifice, it’s not a sacrifice.”

This took me back to grade school. Our teacher was getting a package together to send to kids that were not as fortunate and wanted to teach us a moral lesson I guess. We had to bring something from home of our own personal things. I always remember the stipulation she put on it; she said it had to be something we wanted, something we didn't want to give away. It couldn't be something we didn't care about and wouldn't miss. Only then was it true giving. I don't remember what I brought a whole lifetime ago, maybe my crayons or my favorite barrette. I just hope whoever got it wanted it as much as I did because I was poor too. 😃

It's not always true of course, there are many ways of giving. But the thought of the sacrifice always stayed with me..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

7 hours ago, Dove said:

This took me back to grade school. Our teacher was getting a package together to send to kids that were not as fortunate and wanted to teach us a moral lesson I guess. We had to bring something from home of our own personal things. I always remember the stipulation she put on it; she said it had to be something we wanted, something we didn't want to give away. It couldn't be something we didn't care about and wouldn't miss. Only then was it true giving. I don't remember what I brought a whole lifetime ago, maybe my crayons or my favorite barrette. I just hope whoever got it wanted it as much as I did because I was poor too. 😃

It's not always true of course, there are many ways of giving. But the thought of the sacrifice always stayed with me..

Thats such a good way of thinking about sacrifice , I guess its why someone with very little is not excluded from giving meaningful sacrifice like the windows mite !