JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Major Earthquake in Croatia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1208 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Dear brothers,

Few hours ago major earthquake magnitude 6,3 struck Petrinja and Sisak (100 km from capital city Zagreb).

For now there is no news about injuries of our brothers.

I talked with very good friend of mine who is member if Croatia branch committee and he told me that brothers from the branch are ok and also there is no damages on the buildings.

Edited by Bosko

spacer.png

Sounds like they had a foreshock there yesterday. :( 

Excerpt from Sister Lucy's BBC article linked above:

Tomislav Fabijanic, head of emergency medical services in Sisak, said many people had been injured in the two towns. "There are fractures, concussion and some had to be operated on," he said.

A kindergarten also collapsed in Petrinja, but it was empty at the time of the quake.

In a village just outside Petrinja, a worker told N1 that nine of its 10 houses were destroyed.

Slovenia has moved to close the Krsko nuclear power plant it co-owns with Croatia.

A magnitude 5.2 earthquake hit central Croatia on Monday.

:( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

@Bosko, i am from Zagreb, that was quake this area hits once in 100 years. Most of buildings are old, from Austro-Hungarian empire, citizens are poor people.
it is the least developed region in croatia and now half of the houses and companies have been razed to the ground .. and subsequent after shocks 1-3 Richter. people are on the streets, sleeping in cars, only now help is coming from austria and surrounding richer countries because we have a corrupt government that stole or sold reserves in case of natural disasters .. our brothers are taken care of but many live rural life, have livestock etc, no they want to leave the ruined houses. some citizens sell and donate whole flocks of sheep because they have nowhere to go with them. difficult situation in the country.