JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Youtubers

I have a Youtube channel, I posted some travel vlogs with congregation friends and a  school vlogs too [before pandemic occur] ...

I also posted some of my original song composition ...

But lately, I realized that being a Youtuber or making a content on YT is also taking too much time .. like, you edit videos, you also think for contents that satisfies the needs of your audience hahaha 😆😅

Anyways, I temporarily stopped uploading videos on my YT channel .. and most of my videos are now private 😅

Now, I use my time to the most important things in my life, like personal studies, Bible reading and other stuffs ..

I don't want to use my time to those things that will be destroy in Armageddon .. like, if I have made a travel vlog or make a documentary about a person's life, or a job, is this videos will be also save in the day of Jehovah? or in Armageddon? 

But to make it reasonable, I will upload a videos [maybe in the near future] if it makes me happy and if my time does not affected into it ..

I just want to use my time wisely, and maybe, in the right time, I will be a Youtuber again 😆😅 hahaha

I really love to make a Youtube content but like what we know, we have a limited time in this system of things ...

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2021 at 6:42 PM, Lewis said:

There’s a brother in the USA that uses YouTube as a platform to witness, but he gets bombarded by opposers repeatedly and make false accusation against him and I have seen him needing to make videos to constantly correct the false accusations.

It’s a sleepy slope.

Doesn't he know that he can disable the comments ?

• 8 months later...
On 1/31/2021 at 11:02 AM, stpfarms said:

Can the society use that to take down the apostate videos that "quote" and misrepresent all of the society's publications and videos?

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

No, because that falls under "fair use", using copyrighted material for the purposes of commentary.

I wonder about it from time to time but remember that YouTube is a platform with its own agenda. Even if you close comments YT will load tons of “related” videos 95% apostates. An honest person will see our brothers “correct” video but become flooded with poisonous material. 

Another thing is that all good marketing experts tell you that having your own website (blog) and email list is better than only publishing in a social platform like FB, YT, IG. You only publish because they allow it and they can withdraw their permit without even telling you. 

For this two purposes (among others) I think GB decided against publishing on SM. So a private witness who wants to publish on SM sensitive material (truth) should be very careful. I guess having your own blog is much safer and wiser option (a trade off is of course less traffic). 

🙏 Thank you! 🙏

19 minutes ago, Michał said:

I wonder about it from time to time but remember that YouTube is a platform with its own agenda. Even if you close comments YT will load tons of “related” videos 95% apostates. An honest person will see our brothers “correct” video but become flooded with poisonous material. 

Another thing is that all good marketing experts tell you that having your own website (blog) and email list is better than only publishing in a social platform like FB, YT, IG. You only publish because they allow it and they can withdraw their permit without even telling you. 

For this two purposes (among others) I think GB decided against publishing on SM. So a private witness who wants to publish on SM sensitive material (truth) should be very careful. I guess having your own blog is much safer and wiser option (a trade off is of course less traffic). 

It's true, there are some good channels that I follow, but I use an extension that doesn't show recommended videos or comments. I see manly one called Queruvim, a brother that speaks Greek and Hebrew. https://www.youtube.com/@queruvim5816 I know it is in Portuguese, but you can put cc and it'll be fine. But even if he have this YouTube channel, his website it's way better, because is not affected by this world agenda. https://traducaodonovomundodefendida.com/.

(ps. Just dropping these links because him content of Greek and Hebrew is awesome)

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)

Just imagine a brother starts a YT channel to teach the Truth. This brother is an excellent speaker, very good at illustrations, smooth voice, pleasing personality and interjects just the right amount of humor and personality into his videos without bringing undo attention to himself. Due to his excellent videos, he generates thousands of views. The word gets out about his excellent channel and, not only do people of interest watch his channel (generating thousands of views) but JW's start watching him, too - thus generating thousands of views in addition to those already watching. The next thing you know, he is getting 400,000+ views for each video and has over 1000,000 subscribers.

YouTube would monetize his channel - or at least offer to. This could create two problems:

• Would the brother want to accept money for his preaching work?
  • Even if he did not accept money, most watching would assume he did because he has so many subscribers and views - after all, isn't that why people have YT channels?

There are other problems that could result from trying to use social media o preach the word. Until the FDS tells us to use that method, we are better off not using it and stick to the ways they are instructing us to use.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Qapla said:

Just imagine a brother starts a YT channel to teach the Truth. This brother is an excellent speaker, very good at illustrations, smooth voice, pleasing personality and interjects just the right amount of humor and personality into his videos without bringing undo attention to himself. Due to his excellent videos, he generates thousands of views. The word gets out about his excellent channel and, not only do people of interest watch his channel (generating thousands of views) but JW's start watching him, too - thus generating thousands of views in addition to those already watching. The next thing you know, he is getting 400,000+ views for each video and has over 1000,000 subscribers.

YouTube would monetize his channel - or at least offer to. This could create two problems:

• Would the brother want to accept money for his preaching work?
  • Even if he did not accept money, most watching would assume he did because he has so many subscribers and views - after all, isn't that why people have YT channels?

There are other problems that could result from trying to use social media o preach the word. Until the FDS tells us to use that method, we are better off not using it and stick to the ways they are instructing us to use.

And imagine if the GB approved SM platform for preaching 😆

I could imagine all sorts of things. I could imagine:

• preaching in churches during "Interfaith" night
  • marching with protest signs at LGBTQ+ events
  • preaching in strip joints while the dancers are performing
  • all of us having YT channels to blanket SM with our preaching

Instead of imagining any of these things, I'll wait for it to happen before I consider doing it.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

14 hours ago, Qapla said:

I could imagine all sorts of things. I could imagine:

• preaching in churches during "Interfaith" night
  • marching with protest signs at LGBTQ+ events
  • preaching in strip joints while the dancers are performing
  • all of us having YT channels to blanket SM with our preaching

Instead of imagining any of these things, I'll wait for it to happen before I consider doing it.

Indeed, the Governing Body discouragement is the right choice. The power of being famous can wreak havoc on a brother, and I have no doubt it does. And then we would become like the protestant youtubers, doing evertything for likes and views, and calling it "preaching"

(Be careful! The above comment came from a suspicious source, a 20 year old. There's a risk that he is being: Idiot, reckless or stupid)