JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Michigan Paper Mill Cleaning Bleach Spill

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1186 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Actually this is the paper mill I worked at for quite a few years. I don’t remember anything this bad happening during my working years. All employees would surely have heard about it.  

I didn’t work in the actual plant I was in the office building tho. 

https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/2021/02/19/neenah-munising-mill-cleaning-up-after-2000-gallons-of-bleach-spilled/?fbclid=IwAR0-e3Z1PvfQBEx-lj6B0zEtUuGEl5F6vYUl9NVj8tLhx8SsCAnfUdX2-Hs

MUNISING, Mich. (WLUC) - The Neenah Munising Mill experienced a disruption to normal operations on Friday, Feb. 19, following a malfunction in a discharge line.

According to Mill Manager, Brian Houghton, at 8:00 a.m. a discharge line from a bleach bulk storage tank failed causing a release of 2,000 gallons of liquid bleach within the facility. 

He says the mill quickly activated the emergency response plan to contain the immediate risk to employees, the environment, and our community. 

This plan activated additional resources from the community including, the Munising Fire Department, Rock River Fire Department, Alger County Sheriff Department, and Alger County EMS. The discharge was contained within the facility and we do not anticipate any discharge to the environment. 

The Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE) has been notified of the spill and is on-site to monitor. 

Houghton says five employees were transported by Alger County EMS to Munising Memorial Hospital for treatment, monitoring, and have since been released. 

Currently the mill is working to safely resume normal operations.

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”