JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is Jehovah waiting for?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1173 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/pinellas/2021/03/04/clearwater-couples-neglect-left-one-child-dead-two-unable-to-talk-deputies-say/

Stories like these seem to be in the paper daily here. I don’t understand what Jehovah waiting for, to me it’s been made clear enough humans don’t know what there doing! How much more needless suffering?

10 minutes ago, Sackedbysapp said:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/pinellas/2021/03/04/clearwater-couples-neglect-left-one-child-dead-two-unable-to-talk-deputies-say/

Stories like these seem to be in the paper daily here. I don’t understand what Jehovah waiting for, to me it’s been made clear enough humans don’t know what there doing! How much more needless suffering?

I don't have an answer for you. Might be my frame of mind though. Not thinking too clearly.

Like you it would appear that the sovereignty issue is beyond being answered now so why is this system still dragging on with masses of suffering.

It has to to be the right way regardless of how I feel as Jehovah cannot be unjust. Just impossible.

I don't subscribe to the there're still folks needing to come in to the truth though as that will always be the case.

I just have to avoid thinking too much about it and try and avoid the detail in stories like you have quoted. Stomach churning disgusting behaviour all around.

Edited by Mykyl

36 minutes ago, Sackedbysapp said:

I don’t understand what Jehovah waiting for, to me it’s been made clear enough humans don’t know what there doing! How much more needless suffering?

"Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise,as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance" - 2 Peter 3:9

I imagine, Jehovah has a set an appointed date, and whatever happens between now and then will happen. He has calculated perfectly to a point where there will be nobody else to save from their sinful course to the path of repentence. To a point where human decadence cannot possibly drop lower, lest humanity extinicts itself.

There are things I am waiting for to happen in this world before the end comes, such as the legalisation of pedophilla upon basis of child consent (this has recently come underway very slowly in various ways, there have been calls for pedos to be added as part of the LGBTQ, and in the US, California has introduced a law that you can have sex with a consenting minor if they are within 10 years of age of the older person). This world can get far worse morally, if one has the imagination for the unthinkable, Satan will make it happen.

Edited by EccentricM

Just think about eternity...whatever Jehovah is allowing to happen within his timetable can be reversed by him.

Death, sickness, emotional damage etc, whatever we suffer Jehovah promised to eliminate forever in his due time. 

Eternity is a long time ..soon we all will be happy and enjoying ever day of life.

In the meantime let's stay faithful until he says... That's it ..the time for this wicked system run out! I will not tolerate this any longer! 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)