JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

While Waiting for an Appeal Against the Harsh Sentence, Aleksandr Ivshin Visited Five Pre-Trial Detention Centers in 1.5 Months and Fell Seriously Ill

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1129 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://jw-russia.org/news/2021/04/14.html

If he dies, as seems likely, he has conquered the world, like his Lord.(John 16:33) He has conquered it already.(2 Tim 4:7) 

“Why would a nation of some 144million risk [trash] its international reputation to persecute a religious sect numbering no more than 175 thousand?” asks Andrew Sorokowski. Yet one has and continues to do so. When called on it, it puts pedal to the medal, as though to boast to the world: “We know no decency here!”

I become so weary of these unreasonable ones who equate building bigger barns and ignoring whatever might lie beyond this very brief life as “aiming high.” (Luke 12:18)

Good one to share, this one is. Is it a game we are playing?

I worked real hard on what could be seen as a modern-day book of acts in Russia—from just before the ban to the 2021 present. I withdrew an earlier effort too amateurish. The aim is to provide publicity and a witness. If it should move anyone with power to change things, so much the better. In Smashwords ebook form it is free.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1074316

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

In harmony with this week's Bible study : they will be forced to know who Jehovah is (in due time) . 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible