JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

In all of the GB announcements about the various vaccines we were told that taking the vaccine is like any other medical matters - it is a personal decision - none of us can make that decision for you nor should we try to sway you one way or the other.

I feel for your position .... but, each of us are in the same position. We must make our own decision and not ask/rely on others to decide for us ......

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, Arumuga Raja said:

Should I get the covid vaccine?  Or not?  I don't know how to make that decision

Do you have a good reason not to get the vaccine?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My family and I suffered a lot with Coronavirus a few months ago as a family we made our decision and we took the vaccine, because each one will carry their own load of responsibility- Galatians 6:5! Pray to Jehovah and make the best decision as a family! I remembered the thousands of brothers who died from this virus!

Brother Daniel, our friend Aru is from Tamilnadu, South India so his mother tongue is Tamil, not Hindi. I'm sure he also understands Hindi. Bollywood is too pervasive a culture to not know a bit of Hindi. 

सब ठीक हो जाएगा, यहोवा पर भरोसा रखो!  (Hindi)

All will be well, trust in Jehovah! (correct me if I'm wrong)

How is covid situation in your part of India, Brother? What is the R naught ( R0) at the moment? Is Covid testing being carried out vigorously? How many people are being tested per day? Is the number of daily Covid infections being reported, accurate and reliable?

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/25/1/17-1901_article

The basic reproduction number (R0), also called the basic reproduction ratio or rate or the basic reproductive rate, is an epidemiologic metric used to describe the contagiousness or transmissibility of infectious agents. R0 is affected by numerous biological, socio behavioral, and environmental factors that govern pathogen transmission and, therefore, is usually estimated with various types of complex mathematical models, which make R0 easily misrepresented, misinterpreted, and misapplied.

Equally many of us have chosen not to have the vaccine.  It is an individual choice to make.  No-one should pressurise someone subtly or otherwise into thinking that they must have the vaccine.  In some countries public pressure and judgement is intense.  This is the way of the world.  It is not the way of our organisation.  

"Today Christians may make decisions that differ from those of other Christians when it comes to matters of employment, health, recreation, or some other area that involves personal choice. Such variety could disturb some...           Love for fellowman moves us to respect the rights of others to make conscientious decisions in personal matters. (Romans 14:3, 4

On 6/3/2021 at 3:14 AM, Arumuga Raja said:

Should I get the covid vaccine?  Or not?  I don't know how to make that decision

The Watchtower, November 15, 2008Maintain a Scriptural View of Health Care
Here is a place you can start….

A few quotes from the article 

“Therefore, we know that it is wise to avoid letting our health become an obsession or a constant concern.”

The danger exists that a Christian might let health concerns push Kingdom interests into the background. Obsession with health care could also lead us to try to impose on others our personal opinions regarding the value of some diet, therapy, or food supplement.

Edited by Lance

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.