JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fun and Interesting Trivia

Here's a new game I was thinking of...

Ask a fun and interesting trivia question....if you answer one then ask a new one.

(It's ok to look up the answers.)

Here's an example "Which man-made place on Earth appears the brightest from space?

You answer it then you ask a new question.....

Here's a new game I was thinking of...

Ask a fun and interesting trivia question....if you answer one then ask a new one.

(It's ok to look up the answers.)

Here's an example "Which man-made place on Earth appears the brightest from space?

You answer it then you ask a new question.....

Hey Nance .......it's Las Vegas

new:

What do you call a group of unicorns?

(Just trying to see if this will take off.:) )

Where is the geographic center of North America?

Answer is North Dakota

A riddle: what is the hardest element known to man?

I think it's diamonds...hope thats right.

New:

Who was the first person to break the sound barrier?

Answer is North Dakota

New:

Who was the first person to break the sound barrier?

Yeager...

What breed has the worlds smallest dog?

• 2 months later...

Appendix - "Among adult humans, the appendix is now thought to be involved primarily in immune functions. Lymphoid tissue begins to accumulate in the appendix shortly after birth and reaches a peak between the second and third decades of life, decreasing rapidly thereafter and practically disappearing after the age of 60. During the early years of development, however, the appendix has been shown to function as a lymphoid organ, assisting with the maturation of B lymphocytes (one variety of white blood cell) and in the production of the class of antibodies known as immunoglobulin A (IgA) antibodies. Researchers have also shown that the appendix is involved in the production of molecules that help to direct the movement of lymphocytes to various other locations in the body. (Found this on-line in a scientific journal.)

Why did Florence Nightingale's parents not want her to become a nurse?

Florence parents put much energy into her education as she was from a well to do family. Her mother wanted her to marry well but she felt drawn to do 'the Lords work ' and took to nursing. It was considered a menial job by her family.

What is the name of the oldest bridge over New York's East River?

OOPS!!!! Answer to "Why did Florence Nightingale's parents not want her to become a nURSE????"

What Hallett 82 said!!!!

Oldest Bridge = Brooklyn Bridge Completed in 1883 :detective:

New question about state Captials ~ What four are named after Presidents????

OOPS!!!! Answer to "Why did Florence Nightingale's parents not want her to become a nURSE????"

What Hallett 82 said!!!!

Oldest Bridge = Brooklyn Bridge Completed in 1883 :detective:

New question about state Captials ~ What four are named after Presidents????

Are we talking USA? - us forriners will have to pass.

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

moraavelo

Answer is North Dakota

DIAMONDS ARE NOT an Element but they are made of CARBON and that is an ELEMENT. I guess diamonds are pure carbon that's been compressed though????

NOPE I's and U's wrong; lookie here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardnesses_of_the_elements_(data_page)

As Jackie Gleason used to say, "And away we go!!!!"

:D:D:D:D

Are we talking USA? - us forriners will have to pass.

Another OOPS but I'll give you a hint and name the states:

Nebraska, Wisconson, Mississipi, and now I forgot the fourth one. :dance:

Lincoln, Nebraska for Abraham Lincoln; Madison, Wisconsin for James Madison; Jackson, Mississippi for Andrew Jackson; and Jefferson City, Missouri for Thomas Jefferson.

(Had to search for the answer, though.)

When and why did the English monarchy's the "House Of Windsor" get its start?

(Research for the Colonists!)

OK. It was in 1917, because of anti-German sentiment in England during the First World War, King George V changed the family name from "Saxe-Coburg-Gotha" to the more English "Windsor". There was a German bomber called the Gotha which was bombing London in 1917, too.

The Gateway Arch in St.Louis,Missouri is 630 feet tall. With the recent construction in Lively Grove,Illinois of a new Coal fired Powerplant with one very large smoke stack. It's smokestack is 699 feet tall. There is also in close proximity anothe coal fired powerplant which (completed in 1968) with three smokestacks whose height I am not sure of at this time. I forgot!!!! :shrugs:

http://www.boilermakers.org/resources/news/Boilermakers_excel_at_Prairie_State_power_plant_build

"Massive project brings five million man-hours to Local 363 jurisdiction

THE LARGEST COAL-FIRED power plant currently being built in the United States is taking shape in southern Illinois, and Boilermakers from across the country are playing a leading role in its construction.

The $4 billion, 1,600-MW Prairie State Energy Campus is located about 50 miles southeast of downtown St. Louis in Lively Grove, Ill. The campus includes twin 800 MW supercritical power generation units and an on-site coal mine with 200 million tons of recoverable coal — enough to fuel the plant for 30 years."

Why was the smokestack 699 feet tall????

WE might toss this one out cause it's just what I was told and can't find verification and all online sources do say it is 700 feet and not 699. I just tried to provide an interesting trivia question but may have blundered.

Might be a toughie or maybe not. I had a brother with me for 3 months who was a welder and another brother who was a pipefitter went to OUR congregation.

OK. It was in 1917, because of anti-German sentiment in England during the First World War, King George V changed the family name from "Saxe-Coburg-Gotha" to the more English "Windsor". There was a German bomber called the Gotha which was bombing London in 1917, too.

I'm not up on English history anymore. Interesting how people change names.. My g.grandfather changed his..He was a solider in the German ranks.

when he came to Aussie he had to change his name..he didn't want trouble.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody."