JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What can I say? I am a professional tax preparer. Our taxes in Canada are due on April 30. Most of my clients are brothers and sisters. Everyone pioneered in March. I did too. Then came the memorial. Nobody gave any thought to taxes. Now I am swamped out of my mind. Everyone is coming with the papers at the same time and everyone wants it done yesterday. Do I have to say any more? I will see you all in May.

Inge

Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

We always do ours early, just like to get it done and out of the way.

We always mail ours on the day it is due since we almost always have to pay even though we are both claiming "0" exemptions. Haven't known for a while what it is like to get anything back. Can't wait to see the impact on this new health care bill. :perplexed:

Well...finished the state on telefile very easy and they direct deposit. Now I have to go stand in line at the city building for the city taxes.

How ya doing Gary? I'm still drinking my detox tea :coffee:

I haven't finished yet, looking for paperwork... I guess my escape to a park yesterday wasn't such a good idea. :laugh: It's going to be a long day... :sweat:

Well...finished the state on telefile very easy and they direct deposit. Now I have to go stand in line at the city building for the city taxes.

City and State Taxes, wow, that is crazy.

In Texas, all we have to file is our Federal Taxes, no state one, and certainly no city one, lol.

In Texas, all we have to file is our Federal Taxes, no state one, and certainly no city one, lol.

Same in Nevada - only Federal taxes :coffee:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

City tax is 1.8% of total gross income here.State was less.When my husband was "the Chimney Chap" we let an accountant handle our taxes now I'm in charge...lol...and it's a piece of cake but I am a procrastinator.

Same in Nevada - only Federal taxes :coffee:

:upset: Huh.Maybe I'll have to read that thread about envy again.

If we still use the current Gregorian calendar in the new system, I wonder how many years it will take for us to stop subconsciously thinking of April 15 as "tax day." :lol1:

I can see some of us, 20 years down the line, saying something like: "Today is April 15. Why did I wake up with a feeling of panic and dread? Was there some significance to this date in the old system?"

Actually, I bet it won't take nearly that long to rid our subconsciences of all the junk and clutter we are accumulating now. I hope not, anyway.