JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Well...finished the state on telefile very easy and they direct deposit. Now I have to go stand in line at the city building for the city taxes.

How ya doing Gary? I'm still drinking my detox tea :coffee:

City and State Taxes, wow, that is crazy.

In Texas, all we have to file is our Federal Taxes, no state one, and certainly no city one, lol.

City tax is 1.8% of total gross income here.State was less.When my husband was "the Chimney Chap" we let an accountant handle our taxes now I'm in charge...lol...and it's a piece of cake but I am a procrastinator.

if the number is real will move permanently to America

Calculate

300,00 €, because I' m owner repair shoes shop

TAX FOR STATE

3,00 € per square meter for my home. My house is 100 square meters = 300,00 €

5,00 € per square meter for the shop that rents 5,00 € x 20 square meters = 100,00 €

TAX FOR CITY

3,40€ per square meter for home and store 120 square meter = 408,00€

ROAD TAX

For my car 125,00€ (HONDA)

250,00 € per month for health insurance (mandatory by the state)

23% VAT for any service I provide to my store

And the icing on the cake 25% - 40% depending on your income in net profit

1,00 € = 1,31 $

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

For our non-American friends, please note that when people in the US say "State Tax," we don't mean exactly the same thing you do.

We have the following:

Federal Tax - Taxes owed to the United States Government

State Tax - Tax owed specifically to the state or province we live/work in.

As noted, some places also owe county tax, city tax and village tax. A county is a geo-political subdivision of a state. Cities and villages are pretty much self-explainitory. This year the village where I live in Ohio has started levying a village tax of 1%.

For our American friends, please note that villgae does not mean the same thing from state to state. In Indiana, where I'm originally from, a village was nothing more than just a neighborhood or a cluster of houses all together. Village had no geo-political meaning. Over here in Ohio where I live now, a village is an entire community that isn't large enough to become a city. A village in Ohio is a community of a specific population size.

On top of these annual taxes, we also have sales tax levied on nearly all transactions. Sales tax varies in amount from state to state and, sometimes, from county to county within a state.

Most citizens are charged their taxes once a year. People who are self-employed or run their own business must pay their taxes every quarter.

Sometimes a state or city will pass a levy or a tax to cover the cost of a specific item such as the construction of a new school or sports stadium.

None of the above include Social Security tax or other smaller taxes that are usually withdrawn from a person's paycheck.

Did I miss anything?

[small][/small]

For our non-American friends, please note that when people in the US say "State Tax," we don't mean exactly the same thing you do.

We have the following:

Federal Tax - Taxes owed to the United States Government

State Tax - Tax owed specifically to the state or province we live/work in.

As noted, some places also owe county tax, city tax and village tax. A county is a geo-political subdivision of a state. Cities and villages are pretty much self-explainitory. This year the village where I live in Ohio has started levying a village tax of 1%.

For our American friends, please note that villgae does not mean the same thing from state to state. In Indiana, where I'm originally from, a village was nothing more than just a neighborhood or a cluster of houses all together. Village had no geo-political meaning. Over here in Ohio where I live now, a village is an entire community that isn't large enough to become a city. A village in Ohio is a community of a specific population size.

On top of these annual taxes, we also have sales tax levied on nearly all transactions. Sales tax varies in amount from state to state and, sometimes, from county to county within a state.

Most citizens are charged their taxes once a year. People who are self-employed or run their own business must pay their taxes every quarter.

Sometimes a state or city will pass a levy or a tax to cover the cost of a specific item such as the construction of a new school or sports stadium.

None of the above include Social Security tax or other smaller taxes that are usually withdrawn from a person's paycheck.

Did I miss anything?

How mush money does is all this tax?

There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing. Because, pleasant sayings are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and a healing to the bones.(Proverbs 12:18,16:24)

Taxes! Need I say more? :taz::wall::drink::clown:

I am such a procrastinator. Fortunately, they are due on April 17 this year instead of the 15th, another 2 days... (In the U.S.)

Hey Bro I let hubby do ours not good with numbers get to lost but we did ours and now we have to pay back and on top of that the Family assistance took 200 a fortnight away cause they reckon we earn to much, Like to see how they work out all those figures and see How they would be in yours and my shoes, :tsk::huh::perplexed:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Ok On everything I buy (except food) I pay an extra 8.1% so $10 pants cost $10.81. That $.81 goes to the state of Nevada. We call this "sales tax" because it is on every sale.

I own a home - I pay property tax - this is different depending on city, county & state for me 3,200 sq ft home (297 sq meters) I paid $4,750 (for the year). That tax gets split up and sent to the City, county & state.

there are taxes for other things like owning a car - there is a annual fee. This is based on the type of car and year. for my old truck it was $200, for my newer VW Tiguan - $1,200.

But then I pay Federal taxes - I made $85,000 last year and paid $9,800 in federal taxes. (some don't want to post what they make - mine is public anyway as I work for a government agency and they are required to post how much every government employee makes). Plus there is Social Security - a kind of retirement fund $4,000 - (some government employees pay this and some don't). So about 16%

Then there is taxes for every "utility" - water, gas, electricity, TV, Cell phone bill, etc and this varies greatly depending on the city, county & state. I pay about $100 a month for each of these items. note: that $100 is the total cost not the taxes. I don't even look at how that $100 breaks down. It doesn't matter - I can't do anything about it anyway.

So in total - I make $85,000 and with all the taxes $22,000 or $23,000 = 25% to 26% goes to the government.

or in Euro - I make $64,750 Euro and pay $16,750 taxes = still 25% to 26%

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Ok On everything I buy (except food) I pay an extra 8.1% so $10 pants cost $10.81. That $.81 goes to the state of Nevada. We call this "sales tax" because it is on every sale.

I own a home - I pay property tax - this is different depending on city, county & state for me 3,200 sq ft home (297 sq meters) I paid $4,750 (for the year). That tax gets split up and sent to the City, county & state.

there are taxes for other things like owning a car - there is a annual fee. This is based on the type of car and year. for my old truck it was $200, for my newer VW Tiguan - $1,200.

But then I pay Federal taxes - I made $85,000 last year and paid $9,800 in federal taxes. (some don't want to post what they make - mine is public anyway as I work for a government agency and they are required to post how much every government employee makes). Plus there is Social Security - a kind of retirement fund $4,000 - (some government employees pay this and some don't). So about 16%

Then there is taxes for every "utility" - water, gas, electricity, TV, Cell phone bill, etc and this varies greatly depending on the city, county & state. I pay about $100 a month for each of these items. note: that $100 is the total cost not the taxes. I don't even look at how that $100 breaks down. It doesn't matter - I can't do anything about it anyway.

So in total - I make $85,000 and with all the taxes $22,000 or $23,000 = 25% to 26% goes to the government.

or in Euro - I make $64,750 Euro and pay $16,750 taxes = still 25% to 26%

very enlightening

The petrol in Greece is 1,81 € per liter tax is 1,00 €. I live in the suburbs and the area of ​​our congegation from one side to the other side is 60 km

The diesel we use at home (different from that used cars) 1,05 € per liter of the tax to be around 0,40 €. It takes about 2.5 tons the season.

For phone and internet I pay 300,00 € a year. For mobile 30,00 € to 40,00 € per month. I pay about 50,00 € per month for electricity in the house and shop at 30,00 € per month. The water is very small amount not to discuss it. For super market 500,00€ per month.

Here is a tax on every product. For food is 13% and everything else is 23%

Right now I can not determine my annual income because we are in economic crisis. To give you an example of the months January, February, March had 52% drop in turnover of me. My wife is a hairdresser and her business go too bad.

When I was employed in our annual income was about 20.000 €. and the tax was 27% pure. who pay the company that I worked. Before the IMF up to 12.000 € did not pay tax today is 5.000 €.

Now it's all too fluid every day we hear about people who lose their job and some commit suicide out of desperation. There are 1,100,000 unemployed and many more who work for a maximum of two days a week. Even worse, many workers they have from 2 to 6 months to payed. The average salary before the crisis was over 1200,00 € are now about 700,00€. The salary for new empoyers is 400,00 € This has resulted in sales influenced are busisness.

I'm just happy we got ours done,and with what little we get back goes toward back taxes we owe from 2006. Lovely right... At the time my husband was anti doing taxes. Only problem with that theory is that when you hold any type of licenses it makes it a little easier for the people that want the money to find you. A little harder to slip under the radar. I kept telling my husband this and it didnt click until we started getting notices they were going to put levys on bank accounts and any money we did make. Well that snapped something into gear and we had to file 2005-2010 all at once. Oh that was fun finding and putting all the info together. So I have decided going forward that if he ever gets in one of those moods again. I will do it myself and tell him later

But for now its another tax year over YAY

I have been watching this on the news and it is very sad what is happening in Greece. The rich aren't paying their taxes so they are raising taxes on everyone else - who they can FORCE to pay. And then they cut retirement and services. Ours prayers are with you

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I have been watching this on the news and it is very sad what is happening in Greece. The rich aren't paying their taxes so they are raising taxes on everyone else - who they can FORCE to pay. And then they cut retirement and services. Ours prayers are with you

It is very sad, Spain is next.

I was listening to the radio, and they said that the US is going to be down this road soon itself. Trillions of dollars in debt owed to China and Japan, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I was listening to the radio, and they said that the US is going to be down this road soon itself. Trillions of dollars in debt owed to China and Japan, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

To the US - going down this road - CAN'T happen according to Bible prophecy. The False prophet is alive and well when it is hurled into the lake of fire (Rev 19:20)

To the Trillions of dollars in debt - this is an interesting thing. The deeper in debt a country goes the harder it is for the country they are in debt to - to be able to do anything. For example: I have 2 employees working for me - 1 owes me $100 and the other $1,000. Who will I fire if I need to? Well if I fire the guy who owes me $1,000 - I will probably never see that money again - right - DON'T fire him - loosing $100 is not as bad as $1,000. He actually starts to get control of me and what I can do with him. It is in my best interest to give him a raise or continue to help him - other wise I loose. And the more I help him - the more control he has. It is to the point now where the US has considerable "control" over China due to the debt. China on the other hand has very little control over US - see same scenario. The US was pretty smart at getting China to buy as much of the US debt as they have.

Soon .....

To the US - going down this road - CAN'T happen according to Bible prophecy. The False prophet is alive and well when it is hurled into the lake of fire (Rev 19:20)

It can be bankrupt, which it is already, and be alive when the end comes. There is no way the US can pay off this debt. That is why it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

To the Trillions of dollars in debt - this is an interesting thing. The deeper in debt a country goes the harder it is for the country they are in debt to - to be able to do anything. For example: I have 2 employees working for me - 1 owes me $100 and the other $1,000. Who will I fire if I need to? Well if I fire the guy who owes me $1,000 - I will probably never see that money again - right - DON'T fire him - loosing $100 is not as bad as $1,000. He actually starts to get control of me and what I can do with him. It is in my best interest to give him a raise or continue to help him - other wise I loose. And the more I help him - the more control he has. It is to the point now where the US has considerable "control" over China due to the debt. China on the other hand has very little control over US - see same scenario. The US was pretty smart at getting China to buy as much of the US debt as they have.

If the US were to go "bankrupt" - that just means that they won't pay the debt.

Good luck coming and getting it. That scenario won't play out well (see Nuclear war scenarios)

Soon .....

I understand what you are saying, but I do believe that what is going on in the world economically is definitely something big. We don't know all the details on how things will play out, but the world's finances are a total mess and there is no way they can get out of the mess they have created. So yes, I do believe this is a big deal and it's the beginning of something.

So we wait and watch and keep ourselves ready.

I just saw a "scare" article about "Hyper-Inflation in US Coming - Get out of US Dollars" - BS

First, in countries where this happens - Few own there land or have much in way of property rights. This is the exact opposite here in the US.

So what happens with hyper inflation - well at first it is tough on everyone, but in a year or so - a balancing occurs where wages begin to match the costs. But the one thing that didn't change is the amount owed in debt. my house for $300K is still $300K, but now I am making 10X what I was before so it is like the debt went to $30K and I didn't have to do anything - WOO HOO - BRING ON THE HYPER INFLATION.

Who REALLY looses in hyper inflation - WHERE PROPERTY IS OWNED BY MANY - the banks who hold the loans on that property. Big banks have lost all they are going to loose - how ever much "hyper inflation" happens is the amount by percentage the bank looses. They will never regain that, but what I loose in a short amount of time - I can regain as my income starts to match what I am paying out. Even in countries where this has happened - it only takes a year or so for this equalization between cost and income to take place.

Does this make sense?

Soon .....

I understand what you are saying, but I do believe that what is going on in the world economically is definitely something big. We don't know all the details on how things will play out, but the world's finances are a total mess and there is no way they can get out of the mess they have created. So yes, I do believe this is a big deal and it's the beginning of something.

You are right - Man has no solution. ONLY or reliance on Jehovah is the solution. He is a FATHER that knows how to provide for His children - under ANY circumstances. Stay close to poppa and we will be OK. (Matt 6:33)

Soon .....

You are right - Man has no solution. ONLY or reliance on Jehovah is the solution. He is a FATHER that knows how to provide for His children - under ANY circumstances. Stay close to poppa and we will be OK. (Matt 6:33)

That is all I was saying, it's fascinating what is going on in the world right now, so much is happening. We wait for new light when it comes, but the world is on a collision course, and that is all I was talking about. Just the other day I saw something on the news about how many in this country feel Pres Obama is trying to give more power to the UN, and I was like "hmmm interesting" It is just incredible watching all the stuff unfold, and yes we don't know how this is all gonna play out, but it is interesting.

And if you read our study wt's for this summer, wow, we are being prepared, and the Jeremiah book we study next, that is such an awesome book. Jehovah is preparing us, it's evident in our literature.

You just reminded me of the Armageddon thread in the "Interchange".

You are soo right. It is all about the routine of serving Jehovah. We can't let the rest of this distract us. We can't get involved in it. We have to stay focused on our Ministry, Bible Reading & Meetings. We watch to see what is going on, but only as observers. This stuff / system will just pass us right by. We will survive it - thanks to Jehovah.

Soon .....

You just reminded me of the Armageddon thread in the "Interchange".

You are soo right. It is all about the routine of serving Jehovah. We can't let the rest of this distract us. We can't get involved in it. We have to stay focused on our Ministry, Bible Reading & Meetings. We watch to see what is going on, but only as observers. This stuff / system will just pass us right by. We will survive it - thanks to Jehovah.

Yeah, at least we aren't like those in the world who think they have to try and fix it!? :eek: