JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Can we download 4k(UHD) videos of the new Daniel drama??

The A/V brothers are recommended to broadcast our videos at 480p (960x540) when the meetings are held via videoconferencing. Over the network, quality losses occur, so there are no point to broadcast 720p videos on zoom, when most people on the receiving end would end up videos with less quality and more artifacts. Playing the video at 540p also has added advantages, such are lower space used and less network usage, thus providing more stable connection for the video playing.

It’s hard to tell difference of 480p and 720p already. Each individual pixels are extremely very small. I would be very surprised if we ever even get 1080p.

On 8/6/2021 at 4:55 PM, Jarred said:

My Nvidia Shield does a nice job up- converting it to 4k. . . .

I have the same setup, with a nice Dolby Atmos surround-sound setup.  It looked awesome with the upscaling.  My wife and I could also feel the rumble with the subwoofer turned all the way up.  

I don't NEED 4k, but it would be awesome if that was available.  I'm sure the masters were all shot in 4k; color grading and editing is actually easier with 4k footage because you have more pixels and contrast/highlights are easier to manipulate without having to worry about blowing things out of the image. 

Back in 2018, I got my hands on an original 1080p copy of the instrumental version of Give Me Courage (the one used in Music-Video Presentation 6). That indicates to me that the videos are shot in 1080p or higher resolution and then shrunk down to 720p before they are released. However, as it was previously pointed out, it's the content that needs to be of a high quality, not necessarily the physical media.

On 8/9/2021 at 8:29 AM, stpfarms said:

On 720p on my 55inch and 65inch there is a lot of pixelation and it's very noticeable. 

I suspect something else is wrong since those are the sizes that are recommended in Kingdom Halls. We have 70's and can't see any pixelation.