JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Noah's Ark 'found

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4386 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Very suspicious!

There was no "pitch" (tar) on those boards that I could see and they were pretty evenly cut to be hand-hewed to me. Also don't you think "evangelical explorers" might have an agenda?

One would think the ark would have been dismantled for the lumber over the centuries.

It was an interesting story though, thanks for posting it. I have always wondered what would happen if the Ark was found with undeniable evidence? Would this turn more people back to Jehovah? Or would it be ignored like all the signs of the last days we are seeing?

It would be fascinating to see!

I further investigated this and found it to be very suspicious. Apparently the Turkish government's is investigating it. And if it was true we would've heard it in the watchtower or wait by now because this happened in year 2008 according to one article I read. So I agree with you wholeheartedly. Thank you for your input. I will be more careful next time I Post anything here.

I further investigated this and found it to be very suspicious. Apparently the Turkish government's is investigating it. And if it was true we would've heard it in the watchtower or wait by now because this happened in year 2008 according to one article I read. So I agree with you wholeheartedly. Thank you for your input. I will be more careful next time I Post anything here.

No problem! You didn't present it as fact. You posted a news article and we are discussing it. It's what we do here! :tongue:

No problem! You didn't present it as fact. You posted a news article and we are discussing it. It's what we do here! :tongue:

Also, The Sun is a tabloid, not at all credible.

These people don't do the Bible or true Christianity any favours when they concoct evidence that can be so easily challenged!

I don't whoDon Patton's is, but he points out some interesting anomolies and fancy photoshop artwork on the evidence about the find. Like Chuck, he recognises the anachronism of machine-planed wood in the photo of the so-called ark site.

http://www.noahs-ark.tv/NAMI-noahs-ark-discovered-found-made-in-china-fraud/2010-nami-fraud-exposed-noahs-ark-ministries-international-parasut-fake-wood-don-patton-7-dec-2010.htm

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/802106--is-the-latest-noah-s-ark-discovery-a-fake

It was an interesting story though, thanks for posting it. I have always wondered what would happen if the Ark was found with undeniable evidence? Would this turn more people back to Jehovah? Or would it be ignored like all the signs of the last days we are seeing?

It would be fascinating to see!

I imagine it would be ignored and torn apart by higher criticism. The operation of this world requires that God not exist in their minds. The ark therefore must be a fake even if it is found. And if it was, it would be "handed over for study" to a "team of experts" and we would never see or hear of the results.

Maybe a few would start going to church, but the emotion would run out quickly.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Also, The Sun is a tabloid, not at all credible.

Does that mean the two-headed teenager who argues with himself constantly is not real??? :shrugs:

The 2-headed part can't be real, but the other part could easily be true. :raspberry:

Have you ever heard of Abbey and Brittany Hensel? They have two heads and sometimes argue!:squeeze:

Does that mean the two-headed teenager who argues with himself constantly is not real???
Have you ever heard of Abbey and Brittany Hensel? They have two heads and sometimes argue!:squeeze:
Abbey and Brittany Hensel

96992=5349-conjoined twins abby and brit I'll take your word for the arguing part.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I imagine it would be ignored and torn apart by higher criticism. The operation of this world requires that God not exist in their minds. The ark therefore must be a fake even if it is found. And if it was, it would be "handed over for study" to a "team of experts" and we would never see or hear of the results.

Maybe a few would start going to church, but the emotion would run out quickly.

That's about what I was thinking also. The leaders of this world, cannot embrace the existence of God, that would make them responsible to somebody.

Thanks for the picture Lynn, I was aware of these twins. I should have chosen a more outlandish example for my joke. I didn't think I'd be taken seriously! :)