JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Let’s share illustrations!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 595 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I’ll share some I know from this forum, publications or myself.

1. The Biblel is like a huge castle, the owner of which is Jehovah, with countless rooms in it, each having stories and legends and gems.

Will we take time to visit each room and explore them and find treasures? Will we take time to listen to the owner’s stories?

2. Jehovah is like a movie director.

Many things happened but Jehovah chose to shoot only some of them, for our specific benefits. 

3. Our mind is like a bottle of water.

If it’s not filled with water(holy spirit or Bible knowledge),

it could get easily crushed or be filled with dirty air of this world and get polluted.

4. If no one serves Jehovah..

It proves that ‘MAN’ has a fatal issue (Not because Jehovah is faulty) and should be recalled as a whole, (like how a car manufacturer does) thus proving Satan is right…

in that Jehovah should stop asking man to serve Him, because it’s something impossible..which means Satan will rule the Earth forever.

5. We could either tune in to channels through which holy spirit flows or to channels where we’ll only receive spirit from demons, like a radio.

Edited by VisualizeUrParadise

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 12:20 AM, Audra said:

I heard this illustration at service arrangements this morning.  The Apache Pregroup in our area is having a supplemental visit from a Navajo circuit overseer.  The illustration used was targeted for a matriarchal culture but it applies to other cultures also!  The topic is:  The Importance of Meeting Attendance

God wants his children to come together and worship him together.  At the meeting, our Bibles are opened.  Whose thoughts are we hearing?  God's thoughts.  So, how important do you think it is to come to the meeting?

Illustration:

If you were sick, would your mom maybe bring you food in bed until you felt better enough to eat with the family?

But once you get better, once you get strong enough, where does mom expect you to eat?  In bed, or at the table with the rest of the family?

So, when we are first learning about God, it takes us a while to get the strength to do what God wants.  But after we get strong enough, where does God expect us to learn?  Just here at our home, or at the table with the rest of the family? <--- And that would be at the Kingdom Hall.  So coming to meetings is something that Jehovah expects us to do.

Very nice illustration! May I request dear brothers and sisters to keep sharing more illustrations. Appreciate your fine thoughts and comments 🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a jwpub file that only contains all illustrations from "myjwillustration" website, other illustrations collected from talks, and illustrations from our publications. You can download it here. However, it's best to use this if you have another device using jwlibrary app for this will replace your personal study notes if you open this file using jwlibrary in your own phone if you hadn't backed up your own personal notes. I will send an update of this illustrations from time to time... 

illustrations.jwlibrary

Screenshot_20220211-084722.jpg

Screenshot_20220211-084728.jpg

Screenshot_20220211-084802.jpg

Edited by ... in the shadows

2 minutes ago, ... in the shadows said:

I have a jwpub file that only contains all illustrations from "myjwillustration" website, other illustrations collected from talks, and illustrations from our publications. You can download it here. However, it's best to use this if you have another device using jwlibrary app for this will replace your personal study notes if you open this file using jwlibrary in your own phone if you hadn't backed up your own personal notes. I will send an update of this illustrations from time to time... 

illustrations.jwlibrary 447.38 kB · 0 downloads

It wants to override all my jw library. Do you have a pdf?

7 hours ago, ... in the shadows said:

No. That's why  it's best if you have another device. 

7 hours ago, bigvince said:

It wants to override all my jw library. Do you have a pdf?

Use the great app "JWLMerge"

See bellow for more instructions

7 hours ago, ... in the shadows said:

Thank you very much for sharing this !!!

I have a suggestion that is to add a tag "Illustrations" to all of those notes. That way you can filter for "illustrations" and see only these. As it is those notes will get mixxed up with all the ones you already have and will be hard to find what you want

To do this:

1. Backup all your notes first
  2. restore the illustrations file
  3. add the "illustrations" tag
  4. backup this new file
  5. put this new file and your previewsly backed up original file into JWLMerge
  6. restore the merged file

Edited by jayrtom

@jayrtom I followed these steps:

Backup all your notes first

restore the illustrations file

add the "illustrations" tag

backup this new file

put this new file and your previewsly backed up original file into JWLMerge

restore the merged file

Although I am not sure I created the illustrations tag correctly. But now I have a ton of tags I never had before, including illustrations. But Illustrations only has 3 things. 

3 minutes ago, bigvince said:

@jayrtom I followed these steps:

Backup all your notes first

restore the illustrations file

add the "illustrations" tag

backup this new file

put this new file and your previewsly backed up original file into JWLMerge

restore the merged file

Although I am not sure I created the illustrations tag correctly. But now I have a ton of tags I never had before, including illustrations. But Illustrations only has 3 things. 

If you didn't delete the original backup file you still have the possibility of restarting the process :wink:

How did you create the illustrations tag? This should be a combersome task >>> adding this tag to each and every note of the file of Br Lemuel

You can skip it if you don't want to spend to much time doing it but then you'll have a more difficult task discerning what's an illustration and whats a personal study note

The tags are a most valuable defition of the notes. with that you can have tons of notes without having a caos. just filter the appropriate tags

Check this video if you don't now how tags work: Online Video Library | JW.ORG Videos English (after 1' mark)

On 2/12/2022 at 2:28 PM, bigvince said:

@jayrtomi think I get how it works now. One question, how are these notes not tied to a scripture or publication? And is there a way for me to go through and tie them to a scripture? My goal is that when I look up a scripture whole studying, I can see an illustration connected to it as a note.

You can have standalone notes not associated to any publication. Just go to the personal study  and add a note there

If you want to associate a note to a particular text or publication, my suggestion is that in that verse or §, add a note with the same tag(s) of the illustration you want to associate with the text or §.

When reading that verse, if you press on the tag, you'lll be directed toi the study pane seeing the notes with that tag, namely the illustration you want

Our CO gave a simple illustration during the Exercise Faith circuit assembly.

He said that humility and faith go together like gasoline (petrol) in a car. It won't go without it.

We can have faith but if we aren't humble, we aren't going anywhere..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I have an appealing illustration: Put on the complete peel (or *Suit footnote) of armour...

image.thumb.png.385fbaee9602790a6c136417969c71ba.png

Edited by Chris7

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

On 2/11/2022 at 1:46 AM, ... in the shadows said:

illustrations.jwlibrary 447.38 kB · 46 downloads

Thanks a lot for this file.
I think it must have been a lot of work to do it.
Now it's up to me to translate it into French.

Can you say where you will put your updated file when you do the updates please?

On 2/11/2022 at 6:16 AM, ... in the shadows said:

I have a jwpub file that only contains all illustrations from "myjwillustration" website, other illustrations collected from talks, and illustrations from our publications. You can download it here.

This is amazing! Thank you very much my brother for your hard work and sharing with us so generously. This would be very helpful in the ministry and when handling teaching parts. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 12:49 AM, jayrtom said:

Use the great app "JWLMerge"

See bellow for more instructions

Thank you very much for sharing this !!!

I have a suggestion that is to add a tag "Illustrations" to all of those notes. That way you can filter for "illustrations" and see only these. As it is those notes will get mixxed up with all the ones you already have and will be hard to find what you want

To do this:

4. backup this new file

Is there a way to add the tag "illustrations" to all of these notes at once, like in bulk?  

On 2/11/2022 at 12:49 AM, jayrtom said:

. . . . .

To do this:

4. backup this new file

I'm not understanding how step 3 results in all of these illustrations, quotes, comparisons, etc. being put under the "illustrations" tag. . .