JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Questionable Assistance with packing to move

Hi friends,

I have a question. I was paying two sisters to help me pack up to move, and take the donate box to the Hospice store.

Yesterday, I ran across two mattress covers (things I usually sale online), one was still in new PKG, $10 was the price.

So I asked both sisters if they needed them. One said NO, the other one said " Why not sell it for 1/2 price? Ok good idea so I put it back into "items to sell" box!

Well when it was about time for them to leave, the sister who said she had no use for it, walked out of the garage with the one tagged $10.

So I thought about it and started to wonder if she mistakenly thought it was for hospice.

So I called her today to ask if they saw it while dropping off the donated items. At first she said NO! I said where is it then? She said "I have it!" I said to her "you said you had no use for it", so in my mind it was going for sale.

She said to me "You asked if I wanted it",and I said "And you turned down the offer"

So the conversation went to a lot of "I'm sorries." I told her the idea is to communicate with me so I won't be looking for something down the road and it's not there. I'm having I'll feelings about asking her to help me in the future! That to me could be labeled as a "small" thing. I'm totally confused.

Please tell me what you guys would have done.

Voni ok n NC

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

That is the first thing I've learned, that many change their minds about a conversation feeling that it is still in play because you offered it, as a talk that was given at one of our conventions, let it go, and forgive and forget, we ask fall short at times and that is where we learn to follow Jehovah's example and forgive.