JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Les Miserable (the musical) coming to theatres December 2012 !?!?

Did I just read that right? Les Miserables, the most awesome musical in the world is being made into a movie, starring Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean, and will be in theatres in December 2012! WOW! WOW! WOW!

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

It's too bad the end of the world is coming in December... :laugh:

I didn't know Les Miserables is also a musical... Well, now I know.

I have seen them at least three times. Twice in NY and once in Miami. I have their sound track. My favorite is " Bring Him Home and Empty Chairs and Empty Tables." The end is coming in December 2012? How do I call to get a refund if the end comes?

I have seen them at least three times. Twice in NY and once in Miami. I have their sound track. My favorite is " Bring Him Home and Empty Chairs and Empty Tables." The end is coming in December 2012? How do I call to get a refund if the end comes?

Those are 2 fantastic songs! The entire score is just terrific.

I have seen them twice live. They are coming back around again in February 2013, so I will be completely submerged in Les Mis this coming winter with the movie release and stage production just a month and some days later.

I'd love to be on that cast!

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Love Les Mis.

I really have no interest in Russel Crowe personally but I follow him on twitter and read his very brief tweets listing his feats of exercise, don't know why. I do like his acting.

Don't fancy Hugh Jackman, hope he doesn't spoil it for me.

I don't know how you can top the movie version with Anthony Perkins. That is the BEST!! - http://www.amazon.com/Les-Miserables/dp/B002SEV3MA

This clip always gets me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6H4qcuJPWA

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Filming tonight in Winchester; roads closed off in readiness. Crowe and jackman there, but not Hathaway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-17767094

In other movie/music news:

Wallace and Gromit to appear at the BBC Proms this year accompanying a Concerto in Ee Lad!

(You couldn't make it up!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17771841

I wonder if its going to be a musical, like a musical or just acting. Let me tell you, Jean Valjean and Marius plus other cast members have SOME BIG SHOES TO FILL. I cant wait!!!

This one is going to be the MUSICAL which is why it excites me so. The cast looks stellar!

Sometimes PBS does membership specials and gives away the soundtracks maybe once or twice a year. But you have to watch for it.

Yes, I have the 10th anniversary concert as well as the recent 25th anniversary concert. The concerts are essentially just the songs being sung with the actors in full costume, but no acting and very little in the way of a stage set. I also have the original London Cast recording, which has all the songs and dialogue with nothing missing which is fantastic.

I read that they are writing a couple extra songs for the movie. That will be interesting.

I am looking forward to this one!! And, I'm seeing the stage musical in September! Movie cast includes: Hugh Jackman (Jean Valjean), Anne Hathaway (Fantine), Amanda Seyfried (Cosette), Russell Crowe (Inspector Javert), Helena Bonham Carter (Mme Thernardier), Sacha Baron Cohen (M Thenardier) and Colm Wilkinson (Bishop of Digne).

100342=5541-LesMiz.jpg

I am looking forward to this one!! And, I'm seeing the stage musical in September!

Movie cast includes: Hugh Jackman (Jean Valjean), Anne Hathaway (Fantine), Amanda Seyfried (Cosette), Russell Crowe (Inspector Javert), Helena Bonham Carter (Mme Thernardier), Sacha Baron Cohen (M Thenardier) and Colm Wilkinson (Bishop of Digne).

Colm Wilkinson is a cameo appearance. He played Jean Valjean for years and is the man you usually picture when you think of Jean Valjean.

• 2 months later...

"Les Mis" will always have a special place for me - My Hubby proposed at the closing night :hugs:

was very romantic ... he played in the orchestra so organised for the cast and orchestra to play the wedding song once i said ' cast all there yes'

curtains opened and cast all there on stage performaning for us - very memorable :heart:

cant wait to see movie sounds very cool - look forward to seeing Helena B.C and Sasha B.C in their roles!

i agree i love the music and soundtrack

• 2 months later...

Prepare to be AMAZED this winter! Les Miserables the movie is the first to record the score live on the set, and then add the orchestra at a later time. In this manner, the character gets to be in character, and set the tempo on their own, versus having to lip sync over their studio recording that they made months and months earlier....

I am very very excited about this. I'm an absolute fool for musicals. This is one that I have wanted to see for some 20 yrs now. My hubby isn't a musical fan so it's unlikely that I will have a chance to see it live. But a movie (with an awesome cast) is the next best thing.

Ooh! Time to get my hands on a soundtrack and memorize every word before the movie comes out!! ;)

Yeah, i heard about this :raspberry: never seen it but have always wanted to! The only thing is, because i'm in the UK i have to wait till 11th January!! :no: :'(

It will be worth the wait. Guaranteed!

Whenever the opportunity presents itself to go see the musical LIVE. Do it! It is one of the most amazing experiences ever.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, i heard about this :raspberry: never seen it but have always wanted to! The only thing is, because i'm in the UK i have to wait till 11th January!! :no: :'(

Hannah, I just have to say that because I'm in the US I have to wait til 6th January to see "Downton Abbey"! :cry:

Kinda on the subject, Susan Boyle's new album coming out in Nov is "Standing Ovation": The Greatest Songs From The Stage. I don't buy CD's but I think that I am going to have to have this one! :yes:

• 4 weeks later...