JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower library on M1 Mac?

• 3 months later...

It works using the 2 week trial of Crossover on M1 MacBook Air.

https://www.codeweavers.com/crossover/

Unfortunately the full version is £46.

Perhaps someone could try using WINE? (I am still a bit unfamiliar with MacOS and it sounded more scary!)

https://www.winehq.org

(It looks like a couple of icons are invisible. Sorry for the huge image.)

A52EA6D4-0C35-4363-BEEF-26C2453B2587_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.f038cb8cdd4e2b7b83912f1d10b8817e.jpeg

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I used to run Watchtower Library under wine on Linux but now I use Watchtower Online Library as it is similar to WT Library and JW Library.

It offers more than JW Library and soon Watchtower Library will not be getting updates if they haven't already finished.

2 hours ago, Barrowman said:

I used to run Watchtower Library under wine on Linux but now I use Watchtower Online Library as it is similar to WT Library and JW Library.

It offers more than JW Library and soon Watchtower Library will not be getting updates if they haven't already finished.

As I mentioned on another thread, WOL is internet dependent.  WTL is installed on my own device to use at any time.

Side point:  the Watchtower Library just updated about a month ago.  It has the 2022 Meeting Workbook for January included.  So it is still getting updates.

Edited by jwhess

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 6:51 AM, Barrowman said:

Br. Norman, the Watchtower Library had a regular update today.  Still going strong.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I run the standard WineHQ version of wine and have installed WTLibrary on my Linux Mint laptop. This starts up and runs quicker than on Windows. I get automatic updates to it. That's not the problem I had. It's running JW library that can't be done because i can't even download the installer at all so there is no way to run it. However I am no longer bothered about it as I have installed a version of Android on Virtualbox and have installed JW Library on that. So I can run it now. However I don't bother while I have internet access as I use the online library which is more comprehensive than JW Library.

• 5 months later...

I downloaded Watchtower Library today 2022 August 16th (yl_E.exe). I used the cross-over application to run the installer in a windows 7 64 Bit bottle. The install looked perfect. But I have no text in the body of the application. The application menus and all look fine. YMMV

^^^^^^

I ran the update and it looks great now. Everything is there. To me it is the worth the $50 bucks or so for CrossOver. I just printed an article and came out perfect!